- 23 Posts
Google Maps In Background
I'm a recent iPhone convert. If you run Google Maps Directions in the background on the iPhone, a notification of an impending turn will come up over whatever App you're running in the foreground. On the N4, I get the voice, but no notification box comes up. Am I missing a setting somewhere? TIA
- 09-08-2013, 01:35 AM #2
- 09-08-2013, 08:31 AM #3
- 09-08-2013, 08:35 AM #4
- 09-08-2013, 10:30 AM #5
- 09-08-2013, 01:00 PM #6
- 09-08-2013, 01:13 PM #7
- 645 Posts
- 23 Posts
Re: Google Maps In Background
I know that you may question whether it's a good idea or not. However, I'm just trying to see the N4 has the same capabilities, as I can utilize these capabilities other ways as well.Google Maps itself gives both voice AND textual directions for each turn if you stay in the App. So, apparently, some find it useful.
I think I wasn't clear on my OP. Let me try again:
On iPhone, I do the following:
In the "Notification Center" (in "Settings"), I select Google Maps, and select "Alert Style" to be "Alerts" (which means you want alerts from the Google Maps App to be a Pop-up similar to a Text Message).
I then set up whatever Directions I need for my trip in Google Maps, then start directions. After that, I exit Google Maps, and go to whatever App I want. Now, while driving, when I am approaching a Google Maps "Turn by Turn" direction, it will pop up an alert that contains all the text of the turn I need to make on top of whatever application I'm running.
Any way to do that on N4?
- By Infiniteloop7 in forum HTC OneReplies: 11Last Post: 09-11-2013, 07:00 PM
- By Jason Triggs in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 6Last Post: 09-09-2013, 11:54 AM
- By rugman1969 in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 09-08-2013, 01:52 AM
- By quetzacoala in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 1Last Post: 09-07-2013, 08:04 PM
- By ceteris in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 09-07-2013, 04:07 PM