Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mastaking
  • 2 Post By Captainbob767
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question What do you think will be the last android version for the nexus?

As stated in the title what do you think will be the last android version for the nexus 4?

Also is rooting difficult? I've never done it but I'm scared that I'll mess up the nexus 4 I bought today.

Thanks.

Default Re: What do you think will be the last android version for the nexus?

You can't really mess it up by rooting because you can always just flash a factory image. Just read tutorials and you will be fine.

I have accidentally flashed files meant for the nexus 7 and bricked my phone and its back.

I think the nexus 4 will be updated for years to come. Its specs are good enough to be a low end device in 2-3 years.

Posted via Android Central App
    Galaxy Nexus S3
    bigdaddytee likes this.

it will end with M&M... thats would be ~2 years from now.

and @Mastaking spec dont matter any more look at Moto X
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

Android 357.5

Just look at the previous Nexus phones and see where they were cut off. I feel though, even after you're cut off, the development should continue to provide some support, since it shouldn't really be that much different now.
    Go to http://referral.t-mobile.com and type in icecream for the referral code you get 10+ bucks for free.

Past Nexus devices have generally been supported with updates for 18-24 months after release. If that continues to hold, the N4 should stop seeing updates in the latter half of 2014. What version of Android will be out at that point though is hard to say.

And no, rooting isn't difficult, assuming you've unlocked your bootloader.