Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Don Cooke
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default Absolutely loving this phone

So I've only had this phone Thursday (thanks again @JSchu22!!) But I'm absolutely in love with it! I've been using android phones for the last few years and I like them better than iPhones and my last phone was the Galaxy S3 and I thought I loved that phone but I LOVE this friggin phone!! Its faster (to me) than the S3 its easier to navigate and the battery life?! Ive been streaming music and using a bunch of other apps at the same time for the last few hours and I wasn't even fully charged when I started and its taking forever for the battery to go down which is phenomenal to me cuz I'm app and music heavy I love to listen to my music all day and the battery is just terrific, if I was on the S3 I would've run out of battery an hour ago. I haven't upgraded to 4.3 yet because I don't want to upgrade something that's just running so perfectly right now and I think its a good move for now I'm not having any problems at all. I'm on AT&T and it isn't a problem at all HSPA is plentiful where I am as are WiFi hotspots so I'm usually on one of those anyway.

Wow that was long winded, anyway, I just wanted to gloat about how pumped I am to have this phone and I don't think I'll be replacing it for a long time.

Posted via Android Central App
    Who Dares, Wins
    petaf and lilC2us like this.

Global Posts
    22,222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Absolutely loving this phone

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cooke View Post
    So I've only had this phone Thursday (thanks again @JSchu22!!) But I'm absolutely in love with it! I've been using android phones for the last few years and I like them better than iPhones and my last phone was the Galaxy S3 and I thought I loved that phone but I LOVE this friggin phone!! Its faster (to me) than the S3 its easier to navigate and the battery life?! Ive been streaming music and using a bunch of other apps at the same time for the last few hours and I wasn't even fully charged when I started and its taking forever for the battery to go down which is phenomenal to me cuz I'm app and music heavy I love to listen to my music all day and the battery is just terrific, if I was on the S3 I would've run out of battery an hour ago. I haven't upgraded to 4.3 yet because I don't want to upgrade something that's just running so perfectly right now and I think its a good move for now I'm not having any problems at all. I'm on AT&T and it isn't a problem at all HSPA is plentiful where I am as are WiFi hotspots so I'm usually on one of those anyway.

Wow that was long winded, anyway, I just wanted to gloat about how pumped I am to have this phone and I don't think I'll be replacing it for a long time.

Welcome to the forums!
    I am on Sprint, and would love to try a Nexus device. Hopefully, if the rumor is true, I might get to use the nest one.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Glad to see you're enjoying the best Android experience on Earth.

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Oh I am. Took me a long time to finally realize I should've skipped right over the S3, not that its a bad phone but this was what I was really looking for

Who Dares, Wins

I also just purchased the Nexus 4 and love it so far. Matches the experience I get on my N10.

Glad you guys love this device. I got mine in February, battery life could be better but other than that this phone is way better than iPhone. Even after 6 months I love the way it looks and works.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I would love my Nexus 4 even more if they had never discontinued this:http://www.casefanatic.com/lg/lg-nex...0-case/:'(

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cooke View Post
    Oh I am. Took me a long time to finally realize I should've skipped right over the S3, not that its a bad phone but this was what I was really looking for

I recommend upgrading to 4.3 now rather than later. 4.3 has lots of touch screen and performance improvements.
    It also further improves the battery. A lot of people in the forum has posted better screen responsiveness after 4.3 including me.

btw, there will be 2 update.
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

Nexus 4 is a great phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

Love my N4 as well. Still not customized to my liking but it'll get there
    Galaxy Note II
    Nexus 7

Just did the same. Had the s3, liked it, but hated waiting for updates and the battery was a joke!

I also have n7 (2012), and really loved the plain jane android. Now I have the Nexus 4, got it Tuesday and love it.

I used nova on my s3, but I'm just keeping it plain for now. Trying to use it the way the designers intended it. It just seems a lot cleaner and simpler, which I am liking. I also love that there is no bloat ware. And even though it's all mental, I love that I own the phone. Not att, not samy... I'll probably continue to just buy the Nexus phones from now on... Even if they don't have the same specs as a flagship phone..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    1,521 Global Posts

I'm loving this phone too. I am also impressed with the battery life. I can easily get 3 hrs of screen on time over an 18-20hr period. That's great if you ask me. Mind you I do not have wake lock issues, or rather I have corrected them. Wake locks are the only thing that ever impacted my standby battery life.

Performance wise this phone is also very satisfying. I absolutely hate it when my tech gets slow but vanilla 4.3 on N4 just works great.

Finally got my new nexus 4. Have to say I am loving it. Got the new update and all is good. Got a few questions but will post those another time.
    Love it!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts

I'm impressed all around with the nexus 4, I actually returned a HTC One developer edition to get it.

Improvements I want
    -Bigger Screen
    -LTE
    -More storage space, at least the option for 64gb and take my money!

Fairly sure the Nexus 5 will be an instant buy for me.

The only phone better then a Nexus is a new Nexus. Nothing else can replace the experience.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Eric I got this one basically brand new the only difference is it didn't come in a nexus box and I still can't believe how fast it is as opposed to the S3 which I thought was a fast phone, not having bloatware weigh me down is fantastic.

Who Dares, Wins
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Maxburn I could definitely use more storage space but the 16 gigs is enough and I use cloud storage, the LTE isn't a problem for me cuz I don't live in an area with it unless I travel to NYC which is rare and I love the battery life on this I don't want to ruin it with LTE eating it. If/when the 5 comes with LTE and can do something about having good battery life I'm definitely buying one but for now this'll be the last phone I buy for a while

Who Dares, Wins