1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Backup without screen unlock , as Screen is broken

I dropped my nexus 4. The screen is shattered and hence the touch doesn't work. I need to send it for repair, but they said they would wipe the data on the device as they have to conform to data protection policy.

The phone has a pattern lock and is locked now. I cannot turn on USB debugging and its not rooted. Is there any way I can backup the data in this device,and restore it once the device is back from repair ?

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Backup without screen unlock , as Screen is broken

Quote Originally Posted by rihan007 View Post
    I dropped my nexus 4. The screen is shattered and hence the touch doesn't work. I need to send it for repair, but they said they would wipe the data on the device as they have to conform to data protection policy.

The phone has a pattern lock and is locked now. I cannot turn on USB debugging and its not rooted. Is there any way I can backup the data in this device,and restore it once the device is back from repair ?
    No, there isn't a way to access the device without being able to enable debugging or any other options that would be required to conduct the backup. Unfortunately you are out of luck - the contents on the sd card could possibly be recovered if the computer recognizes the device. Good luck, let us know what you end up doing and if there is any luck with the repair.