1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question about the Google Play store...and how apps are updated on Nexus 4

Ok, so this is a weird one. I have a Nexus 4 on 4.3 jellybean with T-mobile. I have a friend with a galaxy s4 through Verizon and a Nexus 10 tab wifi version. Now the issue is this I love playing games on my nexus 4 Robot unicorn attack 2 being one of them. My friend got the newly release update last Friday on his s4 and his nexus 10 tab. So that should mean i get the update too right? Wrong my play store still shows the old version of the game and has yet to update and its kind of annoying the hell out of me. Why don't I see the new update? My play store is current 4.3.11 as his he sees it on his nexus 10 which is just wifi only. Is this because T-mobile is slow to receive it in the play store. I just do not understand, I even talked to the DEVS of the game and they said I should see the update. The last thing i did with my phone was root it to unlock the lte on stock rom, ive gotten other updates since than...So im at a loss here.

the current updated version of the app is 67mb but yet in my play store i only see the 47mb one...this whole thing does not make sense to me....
    Last edited by delusionaltool; 09-09-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Default Re: Question about the Google Play store...and how apps are updated on Nexus 4

Stagged rollout!!!! Its has nothing to do with T-mobile. its the developer of the game who is rolling out to small no of users before a rollout to everyone

Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Question about the Google Play store...and how apps are updated on Nexus 4

interesting...its just annoying. thanks for the response its been bugging me!

If you have access to a PC, go to , log in using your gmail account, search for Unicorn Attack 2, check the updated date near the bottom of the page (I'm looking at September 6, 2013). Now, if you have an Update button at the top of the page, go ahead and click it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ya i did do that before n4! still shows same 47mb version which is old one and shows installed not update, i even deleted my game and tried to dl it and realized it was the same one, if you look at my freinds store it shows its 67mb which is the newest one and 9/6 as well... its like they changed the update date but not the file to be downloaded unless it was staggered which makes sense...im not a complete android noob just thought this issue was bizzare since my friend got it on his S4 which is through verizon but also on his NON carrier wifi only nexus 10.

Play store says version: "Varies with device"

It's possible that you are running the most current available version for the Nexus 4 on 4.3. Why not email the developer and ask them?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post

It's possible that you are running the most current available version for the Nexus 4 on 4.3. Why not email the developer and ask them?
    already on the ball you read my mind LOL...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post

you read my mind man i did just this, ill let you know if i get a response, id even download the APK if i could find the current release and install it hahaha..