Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gusar2000
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera app

One of the only things I dislike about my Nexus 4 is the grainy camera results. I have been hunting around for a camera app which might improve this experience and wondered if anyone had walked the same path and could recommend an app that offers improvement?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Camera app

Grainy is usually the result of too high resolution at too low light level. You night try adjusting some settings.

Having said that, you might also try Camera FX Zoom. Search the play store.

ROM
    CM10

I'm no photography expert. But I've always thought grainy photos was a result of the camera racheting up the ISO due to insufficient lighting (rather than the resolution being too high).

To minimize graininess, shoot at a lower ISO. The downside is, you'll get very dark photos if there's not enough lighting.

It's possible to shoot at a low ISO in low-light conditions and still get good photos. But you'll need to shoot at a slower shutter speed. The downside is, you'll get blurry photos if the subject is moving or if there's any movement of the camera itself.

You'll need to find a 3rd party camera app that allows you to toy with ISO and shutter speed settings.

The absolute easiest way to get good photos would be to shoot in good lighting conditions. Camera Zoom FX doesn't let you adjust shutter speeds but I prefer it over the stock cam app.

Another highly regarded camera app (which I have not used myself) is called Shot Control.

Just got my n4 two weeks ago and it is terrific except the camera. Solved that by using my wife's i5 to take pictures. Best solution.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mochaed View Post
    Just got my n4 two weeks ago and it is terrific except the camera. Solved that by using my wife's i5 to take pictures. Best solution.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    Try DSLR! You will be surprised!
    Citizen Coyote likes this.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

One of the Sony lens cameras could be useful for a Nexus user wanting better photos.

you might also try Camera FX Zoom. Search the play store.

Lenovo's Super Camera is said to be good. Tutorial

Not in Play store.

I downloaded it from here
    and it crashed when I opened it.
    Anyone get it to work in an N4??
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks for all the replies. I tried out the Camera Zoom FX app but it made no difference, not to mention that it farms you off to the stock app whenever you want to take a video. At the end of the day the Nexus camera sucks and you just need to put up with it until the next device!!

Posted via Android Central App