- 85 Posts
Switch From Google Voice
I am getting tired of the lack of updates to Google Voice and I am strongly considering porting my number from it (after 6 years no less) and bring done with it.
My only real concern is the fact that I will lose my ability to send SMS from my computer/Android tablet/iPad. My secondary concern is the fact that I have GV set up to ring several phones.
Is there any free alternative that can allow me to drop GV without losing these features?
- 09-15-2013, 11:13 PM #2
- 698 Posts
- Nexus 4 (Stock/AT&T)
Re: Switch From Google Voice
There are several apps you can get that allow texting from your PC via your phone, EasySMS, BrowserTexting, and MightyText come to mind off the top of my head, Google it and you will find lots of alternatives.
As far as having it ring multiple locations, free and easy, not that I am aware of.. there are complicated ways via building your own home Asterisks server. To be honest, if this is a deal breaker, I would stay with Google Voice, it does this quite elegantly.Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on AT&T GoPhone (Personal) / HTC Rezound on Verizon (Work)
Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
- By phil_d1111 in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 2Last Post: 11-22-2013, 06:43 PM
- By BlackLS3 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 09-21-2013, 09:55 PM
- By semp1 in forum HTC OneReplies: 35Last Post: 09-17-2013, 10:08 PM
- By Kriingle in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 09-16-2013, 12:29 AM
- By Tex_Norseman in forum LG G2Replies: 5Last Post: 09-15-2013, 11:14 PM