- 3 Posts
Revived my Nexus 4 after realizing it's in my pocket in the pool... Navigation buttons acting weird?
I disassembled the phone and dried it out (from the inside) the next day and it started working perfectly (except for some weird lines across the screen when you looked at it from an angle).
It has been almost 3 weeks and randomly the black navigation bar at the bottom has stopped working. A couple days after that happened the notification led stopped working too.
The weird part about this is that the area of the navigation bars work fine when I turn the phone horizontally and try scrolling or clicking other things in that area.
Question here is, does anyone have any trouble shooting advice I could perform on the phone perhaps from the inside like cleaning any contact points (or replacing parts except the screen)?
- 09-16-2013, 04:08 PM #2
- 09-16-2013, 04:27 PM #3
- 243 Posts
Re: Revived my Nexus 4 after realizing it's in my pocket in the pool... Navigation buttons acting we
The phone will gradually get worse then it will die. You need a new phone. You might prolong it by baking it in the oven at 50 degrees C for a couple of hours.
Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
- 09-17-2013, 07:28 AM #5
- By bgask1717 in forum LG G2Replies: 23Last Post: 06-04-2014, 08:55 PM
- By Ice_Cold_Q in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 11Last Post: 03-17-2014, 03:57 AM
- By slosh74 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 2Last Post: 10-20-2013, 02:07 PM
- By Roundpotato in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 10-10-2013, 11:49 AM
- By tomatosouplabs in forum LG G2Replies: 3Last Post: 09-16-2013, 11:29 PM