Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Revived my Nexus 4 after realizing it's in my pocket in the pool... Navigation buttons acting weird?

I disassembled the phone and dried it out (from the inside) the next day and it started working perfectly (except for some weird lines across the screen when you looked at it from an angle).
    It has been almost 3 weeks and randomly the black navigation bar at the bottom has stopped working. A couple days after that happened the notification led stopped working too.
    The weird part about this is that the area of the navigation bars work fine when I turn the phone horizontally and try scrolling or clicking other things in that area.

Question here is, does anyone have any trouble shooting advice I could perform on the phone perhaps from the inside like cleaning any contact points (or replacing parts except the screen)?

Default Re: Revived my Nexus 4 after realizing it's in my pocket in the pool... Navigation buttons acting we

Quote Originally Posted by nexusJesus View Post
    I disassembled the phone and dried it out (from the inside) the next day and it started working perfectly (except for some weird lines across the screen when you looked at it from an angle).
    It has been almost 3 weeks and randomly the black navigation bar at the bottom has stopped working. A couple days after that happened the notification led stopped working too.
    The weird part about this is that the area of the navigation bars work fine when I turn the phone horizontally and try scrolling or clicking other things in that area.

Question here is, does anyone have any trouble shooting advice I could perform on the phone perhaps from the inside like cleaning any contact points (or replacing parts except the screen)?
    I would be saving my money for a new phone, if I were you.

Default Re: Revived my Nexus 4 after realizing it's in my pocket in the pool... Navigation buttons acting we

The phone will gradually get worse then it will die. You need a new phone. You might prolong it by baking it in the oven at 50 degrees C for a couple of hours.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Captainbob767 View Post
    I would be saving my money for a new phone, if I were you.
    Nexus 5 of course

Quote Originally Posted by nexusJesus View Post
    Nexus 5 of course
    Maybe the OP needs a Sony Z1 if he wants to take it swimming?