Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EvilMonkey
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Would you trade an S3 straight up for an N4..

Found a local guy on Craigslist who's looking to trade his N4 for an S3.. I figure they're both comparable phones for their era, and am really interested in a true Android experience.. I know I could wait for the rumored N5, but the N4's seem to be holding their value- maybe better than the S3..

What say you?

Default Re: Would you trade an S3 straight up for an N4..

I think it all depends on what you want out of your phone. Have you used a "true" Android experience? Do you know what you'll lose/gain? Some people care, some don't.

I personally don't think I would, but I tend to like some of Touchwiz's features (like the camera and some of the motion controls). I use a different ROM (CleanROM) but it's still Touchwiz based. And I've installed Nova launcher and WidgetLocker so I don't really have a Touchwiz experience from a UI perspective, but still get the Touchwiz features that I like. If I want a vanilla Android experieince, I can get a ROM for that.

Even if I had vanilla Android, I'd probably still be using Nova Launcher and other customization apps anyways.

But each person is different, so what works for me...well, you know.
    Biggnaa20 likes this.

I would in a heart beat
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

I sold my S3 for $250 and bought a new Nexus 4. Only difference here is you would be getting a used device instead of new. Phone wise, heck yes as long as the N4 is in good shape. It will have a much longer lifespan then the S3.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I sold my S3 so I could buy the N4 and if I found someone who would've traded straight up for it I would've done it in a heartbeat.

Posted via Android Central App
    Who Dares, Wins

I did this trade a month ago, but only because I knew I'd be w/o LTE (AT&T) for just a short while, until the N5 comes out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yes. If the N4 is in the same condition as the S3, you'd probably make out better trading it then selling it. Right now non LTE white carrier S3s are fetching like $250 while unlocked and /or blue and ti black models are fetching a little more.

I'd have trouble giving up LTE. I'll take fast internet over "stock" Android any day.

I have an S3 and a N4, but I wouldn't do the trade since I use the additional hardware features of the S3 (removable battery and external storage). The software isn't as important to me since I usually run Cyanogenmod, but not having a spare battery was a killer on a few days.

nb
    Dumbphones>Treo 650>Apache>Mogul>Raphael>Palm Pre>Samsung Epic 4g>Evo 4g>Epic 4g Touch>GSM Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy S3 + Nexus 4

ROM
    Serendipity 6.2

I have an AT&T S3 and a 16GB N4.

I feel that the N4 is the better phone overall. The only areas where the S3 has an advantage in my opinion is LTE (obviously), and the camera. I hate the N4 camera, well LG cameras in general, with a passion.

And this coming from someone who worked for LG Mobile USA.
    Samsung Galaxy-S 3Stock ROM 4.1.2
    LG Thrill 4G CyanogenMod 7 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy-S Captivate Serendipity ROM 6.2 I9000-JK4 Modem