- 7 Posts
A question on Custom Roms!
Have a question regarding custom Roms..
Do they improve your data speeds?
The reason why I'm asking this is - when I'm running stock, my signal shows "H" and when I've tried CM 10.1.2, PA 3.99, Cataclysm and Carbon - all of them showed the signal as "H+". And I can confirm that there is a difference in data speeds. Just curious to know why this is happening.
Posted via Android Central App
- 09-18-2013, 02:00 AM #2
- 162 Posts
Re: A question on Custom Roms!
Sure itís not just a placebo effect?
I know that on the stock ROM, the signal symbol doesnít differentiate between H and H+. Thatís just the look of the symbol though. The stock ROM is certainly capable of connecting to a HSDPA+ signal even though it only shows the H symbol.
The only way the ROM can affect your network speeds is if the specific ROM is capable of connecting to LTE and youíre in an area with the appropriate LTE bands.
- By Eeyorevicky Chow in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 12Last Post: 04-28-2016, 06:51 AM
- By monkmullen in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 14Last Post: 09-06-2014, 09:24 AM
- By BruceP in forum LG SpectrumReplies: 1Last Post: 09-26-2013, 11:25 PM
- By skippy126 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 10Last Post: 09-24-2013, 10:18 AM
- By Preach2k in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 17Last Post: 09-23-2013, 05:40 PM