Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  • 1 Post By ragnarokx
  • 1 Post By ragnarokx
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    rupam95's Avatar

    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    794 Global Posts

    Default Is Nexus 4 build JWR66Y rootable?

    I'm trying to root my nexus 4 thru this tutorial and i was wondering if this new build can be rooted?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Is Nexus 4 build JWR66Y rootable?

    I used the Nexus Root Toolkit by WugFresh to rooy my N4 on build Y.

    Nokia Lumia 925: T-Mo Branded Windows Phone 8 Amber
    LG Nexus 4: Ubuntu Touch Pre-release Ubuntu-System Beta
    Asus Nexus 7: Pure Google Jelly Bean 4.3
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
    rupam95 likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Is Nexus 4 build JWR66Y rootable?

    Quote Originally Posted by rupam95 View Post
    I'm trying to root my nexus 4 thru this tutorial and i was wondering if this new build can be rooted?
    Those with non-Nexus devices may have to worry that an update breaks their ability to root and/or flash custom software, but that's not true for Nexus phones and tablets. Just root the same way you always do: push superuser.apk to /system or use one of the toolkits to do it for you.
    Thanked by:
    rupam95 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    rupam95's Avatar

    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    794 Global Posts

    Default Re: Is Nexus 4 build JWR66Y rootable?

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Those with non-Nexus devices may have to worry that an update breaks their ability to root and/or flash custom software, but that's not true for Nexus phones and tablets. Just root the same way you always do: push superuser.apk to /system or use one of the toolkits to do it for you.
    I unlocked the boot-loader and successfully rooted my Nexus 4 using Nexus root tool kit v 1.7.2. I'm running on stock 4.3 and made a backup of new user & system apps & newer versions using titanium backup. So my question is if i update my phone to android 4.4 and root my phone again, can i use the titanium back up to restore my apps, games, and .zip files that i flashed? Or will i have to flash the .zip files again?

    Also, can i use the tool kit to root my phone again without manually pushing the superuser.apk to /system ?
    Last edited by rupam95; 09-22-2013 at 11:11 AM.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Is Nexus 4 build JWR66Y rootable?

    Quote Originally Posted by rupam95 View Post
    I unlocked the boot-loader and successfully rooted my Nexus 4 using Nexus root tool kit v 1.7.2. I'm running on stock 4.3 and made a backup of new user & system apps & newer versions using titanium backup. So my question is if i update my to android 4.4 and root my phone again, can i use the titanium back up to restore my apps, games, and .zip files that i flashed? Or will i have to flash the .zip files again?

    Also, can use the tool kit to root my phone again without manually pushing the superuser.apk to /system ?
    You can restore apps/games with TB. Zips flashed in recovery will need to be flashed again (make a backup first in case they aren't compatible with 4.4).

    As long as the toolkit you use gets updated for 4.4 it should work fine.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:
    rupam95 likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Is Nexus 4 build JWR66Y rootable?

    here is the thing, asking any Nexus devices if its rootable is a stupid question(Not trying to offend you but trying to make a point.)
    Last edited by still1; 10-25-2013 at 10:27 AM.
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Is Nexus 4 build JWR66Y rootable?

    Way too fast! If i had the knowledge on how to root I won’t be watching your instructions! You need to slow down and most of all, teach without been in a rush!
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Is Nexus 4 build JWR66Y rootable?

    No offend taken...but what is so stupid about that question? There are a lot of people having the same problem....they can’t root build JWR66Y. We are supposed to help each others and not criticize for no reason....BTW...you made you point: your are an a.....!
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Is Nexus 4 build JWR66Y rootable?

    Quote Originally Posted by lumaom View Post
    No offend taken...but what is so stupid about that question? There are a lot of people having the same problem....they can’t root build JWR66Y. We are supposed to help each others and not criticize for no reason....BTW...you made you point: your are an a.....!
    once again i am not trying to be rude. the problem with JWR66Y was not that it cannot be rooted but the old superuser.apk(root app) was misbehaving with that build.
    think of it this way superuser.apk had a bug which made it crash with the build JWR66Y. within a day that bug was fixed and the root started working.

    doesnt mean that it cant be rooted it mean that JWR66Y broke some stuff.

    I rooted my N4 the next day JWR66Y came out. works like a charm
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

Similar Threads

  1. Help - Mobistealth on my Galaxy Nexus
    By bengels in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 02:30 AM
  2. JSS15R update rolling out to Nexus 7 2013
    By puch96 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 12:44 PM
  3. Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 06:32 PM
  4. for people that have gotten the galaxy s4 with mf3 build
    By myIphone4s in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2013, 03:13 PM
  5. My Home Time Zone is ... Seoul?
    By TrekkieMonster in forum LG G2
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-18-2013, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

B