Is Nexus 4 build JWR66Y rootable?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to root my nexus 4 thru this tutorial and i was wondering if this new build can be rooted?
Those with non-Nexus devices may have to worry that an update breaks their ability to root and/or flash custom software, but that's not true for Nexus phones and tablets. Just root the same way you always do: push superuser.apk to /system or use one of the toolkits to do it for you.

rupam95

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Those with non-Nexus devices may have to worry that an update breaks their ability to root and/or flash custom software, but that's not true for Nexus phones and tablets. Just root the same way you always do: push superuser.apk to /system or use one of the toolkits to do it for you.

I unlocked the boot-loader and successfully rooted my Nexus 4 using Nexus root tool kit v 1.7.2. I'm running on stock 4.3 and made a backup of new user & system apps & newer versions using titanium backup. So my question is if i update my phone to android 4.4 and root my phone again, can i use the titanium back up to restore my apps, games, and .zip files that i flashed? Or will i have to flash the .zip files again?

Also, can i use the tool kit to root my phone again without manually pushing the superuser.apk to /system ?

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I unlocked the boot-loader and successfully rooted my Nexus 4 using Nexus root tool kit v 1.7.2. I'm running on stock 4.3 and made a backup of new user & system apps & newer versions using titanium backup. So my question is if i update my to android 4.4 and root my phone again, can i use the titanium back up to restore my apps, games, and .zip files that i flashed? Or will i have to flash the .zip files again?

Also, can use the tool kit to root my phone again without manually pushing the superuser.apk to /system ?

You can restore apps/games with TB. Zips flashed in recovery will need to be flashed again (make a backup first in case they aren't compatible with 4.4).

As long as the toolkit you use gets updated for 4.4 it should work fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
here is the thing, asking any Nexus devices if its rootable is a stupid question(Not trying to offend you but trying to make a point.)

Last edited:

lumaom

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Way too fast! If i had the knowledge on how to root I won’t be watching your instructions! You need to slow down and most of all, teach without been in a rush!

lumaom

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
No offend taken...but what is so stupid about that question? There are a lot of people having the same problem....they can’t root build JWR66Y. We are supposed to help each others and not criticize for no reason....BTW...you made you point: your are an a.....!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
No offend taken...but what is so stupid about that question? There are a lot of people having the same problem....they can’t root build JWR66Y. We are supposed to help each others and not criticize for no reason....BTW...you made you point: your are an a.....!

once again i am not trying to be rude. the problem with JWR66Y was not that it cannot be rooted but the old superuser.apk(root app) was misbehaving with that build.
think of it this way superuser.apk had a bug which made it crash with the build JWR66Y. within a day that bug was fixed and the root started working.

doesnt mean that it cant be rooted it mean that JWR66Y broke some stuff.

I rooted my N4 the next day JWR66Y came out. works like a charm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze