- 1 Posts
Error installing Android 4.3 using adb sideload ON Nexus4
Situation : My 2 months old LG Nexus 4 battery drained out completely one day and even after charging it fully the phone is still stuck in boot-loop with Nexus 'X' logo.
What I did :
- Tried factory reset from recovery mode multiple times but no luck.
- I tried to install factory 4.3 as well as 4.2.2 using adb sideload but constantly get the error.. "Signature verification failed". I checked the md5 checksum for my downloaded file and it seems fine.
What am I doing wrong here ? Amongst the images downloaded in a .tgz file what is the the file I should be using for sideload ? Everywhere i searched for help its mentioned that the zip file for the image should be renamed to update.zip. Is this necessary ? also the factory images are in .tgz format not .zip
What am I missing here ? Sorry but I am a novice with Android so excuse me if this question is sort of basic.
Note : I am using xubuntu to run the adb command
Would be grateful for any help.. been stuck in this situation for last 5 days ...
- 09-20-2013, 11:38 AM #2
- 5,523 Posts
Re: Error installing Android 4.3 using adb sideload ON Nexus4
you have to extract the .tgz file and use fastboot instead of adb. open file flash-all.sh to get all the fastboot command
adb sideload is for update and not for factory image loadFancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
- 09-20-2013, 11:40 PM #3
- By Davyo in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 49Last Post: 09-25-2013, 11:44 PM
- By MannyZ28 in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 29Last Post: 09-23-2013, 06:12 PM
- By J HighNote in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 7Last Post: 09-22-2013, 12:20 AM
- By Felisha Daniels in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 09-20-2013, 05:29 PM
- By phil_d1111 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 09-20-2013, 04:33 AM