Dropped phone, cracked glass - how do I get my pictures off my phone???

mandm3

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I've dropped my phone (ugh!)

We had a dog we recently found out had cancer, we ended up having to put him down and I have many pictures and videos of this lovely animal on my phone :( I dropped my phone prior to taking my pics off it.

The touch screen is cracked and will not react to me touching the screen.

I can't figure out how to drop the pics onto my PC without being able to log into the phone while it is attached to the PC.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

thank you

Last edited:

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Try turning off your device, connecting it to the pc while the phone is off, power on the device. I think there is a point where the phone is recognised by computer but before the phone recognises the user has set a pin.

mandm3

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
really amazing news!!! When we set up the account for this phone, because it is a "google" phone - it made me set up a gmail acct and subsequently all my photos were automatically archived somewhere on there... (in a cloud?) Cannot believe my luck as I have all my pictures and videos!!! Hope this helps others!

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Glad it worked out, sorry about the dog. My golden retriever had cancer too, its a real shame its just something cannot be replaced. Sometimes I think their like little humans:)

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.