- 1 Posts
Nexus 4 can SEE my wi-fi network, but won't join it--HELP!
For no apparent reason today, my Nexus 4 dropped the connection with my wi-fi network. The wi-fi symbol (with gray or blue bars) doesn't show up in the status bar, at all. I've tried everything I can think of--unplugged the modem, turned off/on the phone's wi-fi, restarted the phone...nada. My wife has a Nexus 4, and it recognizes the network with no problem. Same with our computer. So there's obviously no problem with the modem itself. I've also tried forgetting the modem's password in the hopes that entering the password again would help, but nothing. The phone shows the network in the list of available wi-fi networks, but when I select mine and hit "connect," literally nothing happens. I'm completely baffled--anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
- 09-23-2013, 01:14 AM #2
- 09-23-2013, 03:28 AM #3
- 30 Posts
Re: Nexus 4 can SEE my wi-fi network, but won't join it--HELP!
Also try changing your IP address to the same one as your wife's if you can. That's in the advanced Wi-Fi settings too I think. That's what solved my problem at a cafe where I needed Wi-Fi but couldn't connect.
Posted via my lag-free, always updated Nexus 4
- 09-23-2013, 06:44 PM #4
- By James Ericka in forum Other Huawei Android PhonesReplies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2013, 04:30 PM
- By william1968 in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 09-28-2013, 01:09 AM
- By o2bnclemson in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 09-26-2013, 08:01 PM
- By saintforlife in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 12Last Post: 09-24-2013, 08:27 AM
- By lachdanan in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-23-2013, 10:52 AM