- 39 Posts
From external camera SD card to Nexus 4 DCIM folder via OTG cable
I'm opening a new thread on this; the issue seems to have gotten lost in an older post.
Using an OTG cable, is it possible to transfer camera images from an external camera's SD card into the N4's DCIM folder, thus bypassing the need for a PC? This may Not be possible, because the N4 device would then be burdened with exploring 1,000+ images on the SD card
- 09-24-2013, 05:56 AM #2
- 157 Posts
Re: From external camera SD card to Nexus 4 DCIM folder via OTG cable
Not possible unless you're running a custom kernel that supports USB OTG and your USB device is independently powered.
Out of the box, the N4 doesn't support USB OTG.
Posted via Android Central App
- 09-24-2013, 07:32 AM #4
- By ILOVEUFOREVER4 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 33Last Post: 10-02-2013, 11:00 PM
- By Carly0031 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2013, 08:30 AM
- By gulfu in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2013, 07:14 AM
- By mvasquez009 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2013, 03:30 AM
- By remixedcat1 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2013, 02:21 AM