1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do you customize the settings buttons in the notification bar on the Nexus 4?

While I like the settings buttons that are currently in the notification area (Brightness, Battery, Airplane mode, Bluetooth etc.), I would like to add more settings buttons there.

In particular I would like to add Screen Rotation toggle, Sounds and a couple of others. Is there a way to do this?

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Default Re: How do you customize the settings buttons in the notification bar on the Nexus 4?

Download Power Toggle from the play stores.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How do you customize the settings buttons in the notification bar on the Nexus 4?

Thanks for the tip. Is that the only way to customize the settings button in the notification bar...through a 3rd party app? There is no native solution?

There is a mod, but you have to be rooted. I used it on 4.3W and have tested it on 4.3Y and it works.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Is that the only way to customize the settings button in the notification bar...through a 3rd party app? There is no native solution?
    It's worth it, Power Toggles is pretty sharp.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    It's worth it, Power Toggles is pretty sharp.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    agree power toggles is awesome. totally worth it.
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

If you choose not to do the customization and opt for a third party enhancement, Widgetsoid is another really good option apart from Power Toggles.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by fernandezhjr View Post
    If you choose not to do the customization and opt for a third party enhancement, Widgetsoid is another really good option apart from Power Toggles.

+1 on Widgetsoid. I used it on my Gnex, never had a problem.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Unless something has changed, the sad truth about these tools (Power Toggles, Widgetsoid, and the like) is that they are incapable of doing so many of the things that you might want to do with them. Recent versions of Android OS have made it impossible (without root) for such tools to directly toggle Airplane mode, for example.

Are there any links supporting 4.4 for customization ?