How do you customize the settings buttons in the notification bar on the Nexus 4?
While I like the settings buttons that are currently in the notification area (Brightness, Battery, Airplane mode, Bluetooth etc.), I would like to add more settings buttons there.
In particular I would like to add Screen Rotation toggle, Sounds and a couple of others. Is there a way to do this?
- 09-24-2013, 09:29 PM #2
- 09-24-2013, 09:54 PM #4
- 09-24-2013, 11:03 PM #5
- 09-24-2013, 11:28 PM #6
- 09-25-2013, 08:46 AM #7
- 09-25-2013, 09:11 AM #8
- 09-25-2013, 09:48 AM #9
- 936 Posts
Re: How do you customize the settings buttons in the notification bar on the Nexus 4?
Unless something has changed, the sad truth about these tools (Power Toggles, Widgetsoid, and the like) is that they are incapable of doing so many of the things that you might want to do with them. Recent versions of Android OS have made it impossible (without root) for such tools to directly toggle Airplane mode, for example.
- 11-29-2013, 08:32 AM #10
- By TimmE in forum HTC OneReplies: 50Last Post: 10-02-2013, 06:22 PM
- By gone down south in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 7Last Post: 09-26-2013, 08:00 AM
- By komobu in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 09-25-2013, 09:13 AM
- By Kenneth Loebenberg in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 09-25-2013, 07:31 AM
- By Soban Arshad in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2013, 10:08 PM