Notifications from lock screen (Exchange enabled)

rocs3n

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to get notifications on the lock screen when the device is locked down by my company's Exchange policy? (PIN enabled and encrypted)
I've looked at various widgets but it seems the widgets are completely disabled when the policy is active. Same goes for the pull down notifications bar.

Many thanks

rocs3n

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, great widget. But also get's disabled at the lock screen, along with the camera. This is just a simple policy to force PIN and encryption. They don't have specific control over what get's disabled so it must be the way Android is handling it. My company iPhone with the same policy gives access to camera and notifications at lock screen.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Have you looked at DynamicNotifications? Our Exchange has a PIN-required policy yet Dynamic Notifications works just fine on the lock screen.

My personal suspicion is that the problem is not the PIN-required policy, but the Encryption-required policy which is causing trouble.

That's just a guess however.

baileycmatt

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Great recommendation on DynamicNotifications, it does light up my screen for notifications with encryption active. I still can't launch the camera or other things without entering a pin, but this is a big improvement. Thanks!

rocs3n

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, DynamicNotifications seems to work!

I'm still busy testing it but I notice that if two different notifications show up, like SMS and missed call, the Back and Home buttons activate for some reason. Wonder if it's a bug..

Last edited:

rocs3n

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I found another one that even lets you use the camera from the lock screen! It's called LockerPro Lockscreen.
You can swipe to dismiss notification or go straight into the app (swipe left vs right)

It's important that the app uses Notification Access which is under Settings>Security>Notification Access

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith