Warranty void (stripped screw)

Amulya Bhattarai

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
So my phone was messing up (randomly shutting down and turning off, now there's a red LED and the phone doesn't work) and I tried to replace the battery but I stripped the screw inside the phone. Does this void warranty? It's just a screw, I mean it can't have ruined the phone. Please help! I contacted Google for a replacement and I'm probably going to have to send the phone in so, I'm wondering about the screw and them saying it voided warranty. Is this something I should worry about or is it not a big deal cause its a screw.

THANKS!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think it would be within their prerogative to deny the replacement if they see any evidence that the integrity of the phone was disturbed. But at this point, you probably don't have much to lose. If they deny it, then you only had to pay for the shipping. If they overlook it, then you'll get your replacement or repair.

Amulya Bhattarai

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome!

So what if the problem was there before the screw got stripped? I mean they can't seriously say that a stripped screw is the reason why this problem happened and then deny my replacement. There's no way a stripped screw can completely ruin a phone. And from what i've heard, Google sends the replacement first, so would I have to pay for a brand new phone in the case it's denied or would I send the replacement back and get my old ruined phone back?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but most warranties are void if there's evidence of damage to the phone or tampering (i.e., opening it up when it wasn't intended to be). So if they see evidence of that, it's possible they could say that the warranty is void. Unfortunately, I don't really know the answer to the question about when the replacement phone is sent, and if you'd have to pay for it if the warranty is voided.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech