Forgot my PIN lockscreen

Jawdat Higab

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
hi , i totally forgot my PIN, and a reset your pin doenst appear after entering my pin wrongly. i have nexus 4 4.3, stock no route, i dont want to lose my data specially my contacts since they are not synced on google. please help me.

hanshanzen

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I've the same problem! It's not asking whether I've forgotten my passcode! After 30 seconds of waiting, it gives another 5 tries before restarting the 30 seconds. It does not offer me to enter my Gmail account and Gmail password, which I do remember. Please help!

Galaxy Nexus
Android 4.3
Unrooted

azkchike

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
hi

i am having the exact same problem.

Have you been able to resolve yours? if so how did you do it?

hanshanzen

have you been able to find a solution? i am experiencing the exact same problem...

Last edited by a moderator:

dubyasux

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Try entering a random PIN multiple times until you get the message "Try again in 30 seconds" then click OK. At that point you should see "Forgot PIN" at the bottom of the screen. Click "Forgot PIN" to log in using your Google account. Your phone must have an Internet connection for this to work. Once you have authenticated with your Google account, you will be redirected to Settings --> Security --> Lock Screen --> Screen Security to update the PIN or pattern to unlock your phone.

rpresser

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
This is not working. I type 5 incorrect pins, I get a popup saying "You have typed your pin incorrectly <n> times. Please wait 30 seconds to try again." I click OK. The popup goes away. No "forgot pin" link comes up anywhere on the screen.

Now, in fact I configured the phone for face unlock, so if I power down I get another shot at face recognition. And if it works, I'm in. No. It powered up and brought me right to the pin unlock. No face attempt.

And even if I could get in with face -- I still can't change the PIN. And I can't reconfigure for a new pin because even though I am in the phone, it requires the pin again for reconfiguring lock.

Yes, I have a 3G internet connection, and yes, the phone is linked to my google account.

Phone is a Sprint Google Nexus (Samsung SPH-L700) running stock Android 4.3 (just upgraded OTA today).

Factory reset is looming in my future, I fear. But isn't there any alternative?

Last edited:

Dave Junior

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue but all you need to do is Login to your google account on https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
then it will automatically find your phone. You have to chose the option "LOCK" it will ask you to type in a paasword that will automatically show on your screen:) there you have it and your password will be reset witout you having to do factory reset

Kelsey Hoover

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I have logged in to the Android Device manager page, but it says it can't find my phone. Does that mean that your suggestion won't work, or should we still do the Set Up Lock and Erase option?

I can make my phone ring, but after I press set up and lock and it asks to send the notification, I get nothing on my phone. any other suggestions?

Stella Taousiani

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I have tried the "devicemanager" but it says that i should have activated this option before in order to be able to do that and instead a notification has been sent to my phone WHICH I CANT UNLOCK FOR 5 DAYS NOW AND IM DESPERATE! HELP PLEASEEEEEEEE

Noe Filali

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
how did you fix this

when it says it sent me a notification, does that mean im receiving it on my computer or phone. because how would i view the notification if im locked out of my phone...

gagan arora

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
hey mazzin , can you please help me on unlocking my android phone also. I forgot the pin and i'm just stuck on the lock screen.
I tried using the google device manager thru the web.it found my phone , its rings but I couldn't find the option for changing the password.
PLZ HELP !!!

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
hey mazzin , can you please help me on unlocking my android phone also. I forgot the pin and i'm just stuck on the lock screen.
I tried using the google device manager thru the web.it found my phone , its rings but I couldn't find the option for changing the password.
PLZ HELP !!!

I think you need to use the Lock option...it will let you chose a new PIN and then you use that to unlock your phone.

Monk3

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
When I go to device manager it finds my A100, I can ring it and that works but the only other option is "Setup Lock & Erase". I can't set it up since I can't access my tablet because I forgot my PIN. I know my gmail user and pass but I doesn't ask me for it. Just keeps going... 70 failed attempts try again in 30 seconds. Any help? I don't want to have to do a factory reset... :-(