Nexus 4 VS Water

Nimbose

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I've just gotten home from going to the Canary Islands, Feurteventura to be specific, and... Had a little mishap with a tank of water.

You know how it is, you're on holiday and you try things you usually walk by back home. My mother and I decided to try out the Doctor Fish therapy on our feet; just to have a giggle. Afterwards, I pushed myself off the seat, only for my phone to slide out of my pocket and land into the tank with the fish.

It must have only been in there at a maximum of three seconds before I pulled it out and... Wow, it actually survived! I totally expected it to be dead, but... Nope. No problems what-so-ever.

At first it was a little laggy, no big deal, but then I decided to do the off-and-on test. That's when I got worried because it wouldn't go past the loading X screen. Still, after multiple attempts, I gave it a rough bump which might have shook off any water from the inside and it booted up with no issue. No more lag. You wouldn't have thought I'd done anything to it.

Anyone else had an accident with their Nexus, only for it to survive unscathed? I did a google search and apparently Nexus 4's aren't really built to survive an encounter with water. Is that true?

Share~. uvu​

nazem

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I actually dropped my nexus 4 in water before in a parking lot. It was under water for more than 3 seconds but when i took it out everything worked no issues but i turned it off and left it in a sealed jar of rice for like 2 days and it works flawlessly! I would recommend doing that if you haven't already just to avoid future damage due to trapped water in there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc