can someone explain this wakelock detector to me?

Michael Mai

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
So my Nexus 4 has been getting GREAT battery life for the 5-6 months that I had it. Ever since 1-2 weeks ago however, it's been terrible. So in the past, I charged my phone to 100% until midnight and then I unplugged it and left it on my desk until the morning, it would have 95-99% left. However, now it only has 60-70% in the morning and I didn't change anything on the Nexus 4 recently... So I did a little research and I was told to download Wakelock Detector so I did. I kept it on overnight and these are the results...

ojzmjYM.png

DN27Xlc.png

Any idea why my battery life is so terrible now?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So, your phone is never going into deep sleep (Awake 100%). What is keeping it up? Scroll through the list from your first image and find the item with the largest time slice (my guess is Google Services...); tap that item, and post a screenshot of the next screen.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
No, that can't be it. Facebook app was only active for 4 minutes and 10 seconds.

Did you scroll through the entire list? Is there really nothing there with a time greater than 4m 10s?

Michael Mai

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
No, that can't be it. Facebook app was only active for 4 minutes and 10 seconds.

Did you scroll through the entire list? Is there really nothing there with a time greater than 4m 10s?

yea that's the longest one, they're in order actually haha. but yea i don't understand why my phone isn't going in full sleep...

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
No, they are not in order. As you move down the list (there can be dozens of entries) you will usually find big groups that are out of order. I am not certain how the order is determined, but it is not strictly largest on top.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Try the BetterBatteryStats app, it'll give you the actual wake locks that are affecting your phone's sleep.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Michael Mai

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
No, they are not in order. As you move down the list (there can be dozens of entries) you will usually find big groups that are out of order. I am not certain how the order is determined, but it is not strictly largest on top.

mine is in order, i scrolled all the way down already

jm345

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had a couple episodes of high battery usage. I was able to fix it by going to Apps and clearing the data from a number of Android services like Download Manager, Media Storage, Messaging, etc.

Hikmat abdoollayev

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
the highest one is facebook. i don't understand though because i've had it for 4-5 months and the battery was still fine before.

http://i.imgur.com/OfcQiKv.png

High wakelock count (BatteryGuru 3516 times ) also effects battery drain.
Cause system takes effort to wakeup device each time when wakelock is acquired.

Try to disable some settings "Persistent notification", "Reporter" in "My Data manager"
Also you could temporarily uninstall "BatteryGuru", Its wakelock count is quite big.

Facebook had many battery draining wakelock issues, that's why I would recommend Web version.
Personally, I use the app version and I am okay with it. I reduced wakelocks by changing settings of Facebook app (Refresh interval, Location services)

In your screenshot the wakelock time is displayed in Red for Facebook, BatteryGuru and MyDataManager apps,
which means those apps has used wakelock just before you checked it.

Michael Mai

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
High wakelock count (BatteryGuru 3516 times ) also effects battery drain.
Cause system takes effort to wakeup device each time when wakelock is acquired.

Try to disable some settings "Persistent notification", "Reporter" in "My Data manager"
Also you could temporarily uninstall "BatteryGuru", Its wakelock count is quite big.

Facebook had many battery draining wakelock issues, that's why I would recommend Web version.
Personally, I use the app version and I am okay with it. I reduced wakelocks by changing settings of Facebook app (Refresh interval, Location services)

In your screenshot the wakelock time is displayed in Red for Facebook, BatteryGuru and MyDataManager apps,
which means those apps has used wakelock just before you checked it.

thanks for the reply. i'll do those things u said but like i said i've had this same EXACT setup for over 4-5 months but it only started becoming bad in the past 1 week.... i htink it has to do with msm_hsic_host in the last picture i posted. i googled it and there are ppl with the same issues, no fix found though

agp101

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I get the msic wake lock sometimes. I reboot my phone once or twice and it's gone. Note that this particular wake lock only occurs while using mobile network. On WiFi it doesn't happen. When it does occur, there's really nothing you can do. Just restart the phone till it's gone.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech