Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By fernandezhjr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooting method

Is there a way to root your nexus 4 with out using a pc? Like download a package or apk and install it on to the phone and let it works it's magic! I don't really use most of Google stock pile of apps pre-installed like Keep Waller Hangout Google+ Current etc i just wanted as little apps in my app drawer as possible because I hate getting cluttered with apps I'll never bother using and having them automatically updated when Google forces down your throat

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Rooting method

I haven't heard of a way to root without a PC.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

Quote Originally Posted by Linh321 View Post
    Is there a way to root your nexus 4 with out using a pc? Like download a package or apk and install it on to the phone and let it works it's magic! I don't really use most of Google stock pile of apps pre-installed like Keep Waller Hangout Google+ Current etc i just wanted as little apps in my app drawer as possible because I hate getting cluttered with apps I'll never bother using and having them automatically updated when Google forces down your throat

To be precise there is no way you can root your device without using a pc, you can head over to xda developers and check out a step by step process and you will understand why.

via Tapatalk, 4 Galaxies away

just disable them by going to settings-->apps-->all apps-->[Pick app]-->Disable
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    just disable them by going to settings-->apps-->all apps-->[Pick app]-->Disable
    I've done all that :-) it's just annoying seeing them you know? It's like a thorn at the corner of your eyes and you get annoyed and really want to get rid of it so freaking bad

I've done all that :-) it's just annoying seeing them you know? It's like a thorn at the corner of your eyes and you get annoyed and really want to get rid of it so freaking bad

seeing them??? once you disable them its gone from everywhere
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    seeing them??? once you disable them its gone from everywhere
    They're disabled yes but they're still in the apps menu where all the apps are How do you just hide them?

ROM
    CM10

They're disabled yes but they're still in the apps menu where all the apps are How do you just hide them?

No they're not. If you disable the app, it no longer appears in your app drawer.
    If you merely want to hide certain apps from the app drawer, you can do so with certain 3rd-party launchers. No root access required. I know Nova does this.

Root access is great for a lot of things. But hiding apps from your drawer is not one of them...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I want to get rid of them because I have no need for them waste of storage memory. I have a nexus 4.. I disabled the apps I can't delete them only method is root

I want to get rid of them because I have no need for them waste of storage memory. I have a nexus 4.. I disabled the apps I can't delete them only method is root

Well your original posts states you want to get them out of the app drawer. You were told how to do it. If you want to uninstall them, then yes, root the phone. Surely you most know someone that has a PC you can use. If not, then you are out of luck. The apps are taking up space that you really don't need to reclaim since it is system space. As a last resort, you could sell the phone and get an iPhone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

What the above poster said.
    Even if you remove the preinstalled apps you can not claim that space for other things.
    If you just want a quick," install on my phone and perform root magic," method you maybe should reconsider rooting. If something went awry you would be screwed.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by ohyeahar View Post
    No they're not. If you disable the app, it no longer appears in your app drawer.

You're right about this. Once you disable and uninstalled the update and disabled notification it will then disappear from the apps drawer!
    I don't know why it didn't work for me before but now it is just what you've said!
    Thanks