Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 screen problems, please help!!

Folks, my Mrs dropped her nexus 4 (week old) and smashed the screen and touch screen digitiser, I bought a replacement from eBay, http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=171062747594 is the link... I followed the steps on YouTube and it all went smoothly. Booted the phone up, looks good, except the touch screen only works when 2 fingers touch the screen! Any clues as to how I might be able to fix it!? Pulling my hair out!

Cheers folks

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    6,357 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Nexus 4 screen problems, please help!!

Welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry for your frustration but hopefully one of our resident brainiacs will drop in and offer some useful advice.
    Live long and prosper.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Cheers! It pains me enough to have spent 50 percent of the phones value on one component!!

The only (and obvious) question which comes to mind is, are you certain that all connecters are properly and firmly attached?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'll double check now, I guess it's not a common fault? I couldn't find any info on the net

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I've had a look in the back but there's nothing obvious, the two ribbons that come off the screen are seated correctly, the left is for the screen and the right for the touch screen. The only thing I can see different is there was a bit of foil looking stuff on the last screen that isn't there on the new one. After putting it back together this time, the screen now works when 3 fingers are placed on it!

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Fixed! Nothing more than a good old reset... ;-)

Global Posts
    6,357 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Defyvo View Post

Great!

from my Note 3 using Tapatalk 4
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Defyvo View Post

Hi I am having the same problem that you had with the 3+fingers only working on the screen.

Would you mind just replying with a quick breakdown of how and what you did to fix it? I know you said reset (Apologies if this is a stupid question) does that just mean I need to do a factory reset in settings and it should work?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy_95 View Post
    Hi I am having the same problem that you had with the 3+fingers only working on the screen.

Would you mind just replying with a quick breakdown of how and what you did to fix it? I know you said reset (Apologies if this is a stupid question) does that just mean I need to do a factory reset in settings and it should work?

Thanks again.
    Just an update to see if anyone can help;

I tried factory resetting it numerous times and it just switches from completely unresponsive to only responding to two fingers.

EDIT: I just turned it on and off (Again) and it responds to one finger. Can someone confirm if this is probably a loose part / connection underneath? It was just repaired but they said the part was faulty and i wasn't charged. Is it worth opening up and checking? The screen is also slightly raised above the border on the right side.

Any help?

ive still got that problem, i wont do factory reset, too much to loose, dont think that is the problem though.
    Thanked by:

This also happen to me after replacing the lcd and digitizer, on this model. First time I turned the phone on it work on two fingers touch point, turn it off and on and it responded only on three touch point, so I turn it off an on again and it is back to 1 touch response. No hard reset need it. I hope it helps,
    I feel bad for the tech that repair your lcd and didn't charge you because he thouht the part was defective but is not.
    Www.cellmateunlocked.com