- 16 Posts
Nexus 4 charging question
I own a Nexus 4; my wife recently bought a Samsung S3.
The adapter for charging the Nexus says "Output 5.0v 1.2A"; the S3 charger says "Output 5.0v 1.0A".
We'd like to share the same charger, but as I know very little about electrical matters I don't know whether the difference between 1.2 and 1.0 is significant.
Can anyone tell me: 1) Is it OK to share the same charger? 2) If so, does it matter which one we use?
- 10-06-2013, 03:42 PM #2
- 10-06-2013, 03:42 PM #3
- 10-06-2013, 04:19 PM #4
- 10-15-2013, 03:34 AM #5
- 10-15-2013, 03:43 AM #6
- 159 Posts
Re: Nexus 4 charging question
A device will only draw as much power as it needs. If your phone is capable of charging at 1A, it will draw only 1A even if you plug it into a 2A charger.
So use either one. But the 1.2A charger would be the smart choice.
(FYI, I use a 2A charger on my N4)
- By agnarkb in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 39Last Post: 10-15-2013, 10:54 PM
- By mr groovie in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 3Last Post: 10-13-2013, 03:48 AM
- By SvenHerrera in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 3Last Post: 10-07-2013, 05:05 PM
- By cyrusdastur in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 10-06-2013, 03:37 PM
- By NJRonbo in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 5Last Post: 10-06-2013, 02:26 PM