stolen my nexus 4

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
TBH, retrieving your phone is probably unrealistic at this point. Even if the thief turns on the phone so that it can be tracked using the Android Device Manager site, what are you going to do? Go there and confront him? That wouldn?t be safe. And it?s unlikely law enforcement would be of much help.
The most you can hope for is to be able to remotely wipe your phone.

If it?s been several days already, the thief has likely done a hard reset and swapped out the SIM. That means there?s no way to track it anymore.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
If you have the number and device manager isn't working. Call your cell provider give them the number and they will block your phone from being able to access any network in your country until you approve of it.

Been through this before when my girlfriend lost hers for two months. Turns out she just miss placed it and it died.

I root mine and hide my avast tracker. I believe the best defence, obviously there are better protection app which pay. I recommend another app next time as it is still present after a hard reset

Goodluck I know how horrible you must be feeling.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hence why you root in a tracker, blocking it is just being a sh*t bloke to the thief which they deserve :)

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Probably not a good idea to post it online.you can't 'find it' just by the number, you can block it by calling your cell provider

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if previous owners of phone can still track their old phone (that they sold) using android device manager? If so, how can we stop it?

Posted via Android Central App

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if previous owners of phone can still track their old phone (that they sold) using android device manager? If so, how can we stop it?

Posted via Android Central App

The way ADM tracks the phone is via the Google account it's associated with. So if a person sells their phone, they won't be able to track it unless they left it signed in to their Google account (which would be a dumb thing to do). Also, the buyer would have to be dumb enough to keep it signed in to the seller's account.

Jitendra Yadav1

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I have lost my Nexus 4 and tried multiple times google Device manager to locate it but its location unavailable. The mobile is switched of by the stolen person. Kindly help is letting know what all things I should do to locate my mobile

andrea0510

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
My nexus 4 got stolen 4 days ago, and all i can say is that your phone must be turned on so you can track it. Mine is turned off, and there is nothing i can do for now. IMEI no is very helpful for locating it, but that is something the police does, or your operator. I have done everything possible to track it, but no luck so far, and plus the police in our country is very lazy and will hardly help.
There are applications you can use to track it over the computer, such as android device manager, but it must be connected to your google account on your mobile(and turned on). Hope you have luck finding it!

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager try this site, it maybe helpful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol