Curious about buying the Nexus 4.

damiandownfall

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So I have a few questions.

1. Does the Nexus 4 work *only* on wifi? Meaning if I bought one *phone only* could I just start "using it" at home on wifi? I don't want to activate it yet.

2. I see only "international version" on Amazon... Does this mean it won't work in the U. S.? What exactly does it mean?

3. Honestly... Does the phone do anything that pisses you off? Truthfully. Yes I plan on rooting and ROMming.

---------------------
Aspiring Android developer

DigitalReality

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
1. Yes. No activation required.
2. Infact that's the same phone. That question will arise if phone is locked by carrier.. So no worry here.
3. Two issues to me are battery and camera. As long you are using over wifi.. You are good to go. You better check for camera if too much picky about it

Sent from my Nexus 4

damiandownfall

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
1. Yes. No activation required.
2. Infact that's the same phone. That question will arise if phone is locked by carrier.. So no worry here.
3. Two issues to me are battery and camera. As long you are using over wifi.. You are good to go. You better check for camera if too much picky about it

Sent from my Nexus 4

What do you mean "check for camera"? Like search for a different phone due to lack of megapixels? Because I love using Camera FV-5. I'm on an LG Optimus V right now.

---------------------

DigitalReality

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I mean camera is not the best available in the top of the line phones. But good enough. So by check mean... Read reviews, see photos taken with it, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free

damiandownfall

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I mean camera is not the best available in the top of the line phones. But good enough. So by check mean... Read reviews, see photos taken with it, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free

Oh well I have 3.2mp right now so the switch would be awesome. Also have no front camera lol.

---------------------

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean "check for camera"? Like search for a different phone due to lack of megapixels? Because I love using Camera FV-5. I'm on an LG Optimus V right now.

---------------------
Megapixel does not equates to image quality, just the resolution of the image.

android central app

damiandownfall

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

android central app

... Yeah I already knew that. I knew that when people started comparing that 41mp phone to others.

But for the sake of the argument, let's say that you take an 8mp photo and a 3mp photo. If they're side by side and both are reduced to the same size, which one is clearer?

And image quality comes from "where"

---------------------

damiandownfall

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

android central app

And "usually" the 8mp photo would be clearer because a reputable business like LG wouldn't give extra megapixels where quality expectation isn't met.

That's why when most of us talk about phone's photo quality, we rough it down based on megapixels instead of the other factors that directly determine quality. It's easier.

Besides, pertaining to this argument, I'm pretty darn sure the Nexus 4 takes way better photos than the LG Optimus V.

Not to be an ***, but let's not argue please (I like having an account here)

---------------------