- 2 Posts
Lose 4G signal with WiFi connected, turn WiFi off - get 4G signal back
I received this recently and noticed the 'H' to the left of the signal bar at the top of the screen disappears when I am connected to WiFi- if I turn WiFi off within a few seconds the 'H' comes back. I still have cell service but it seems I lose the 4G signal. Is this a power saving feature?
- 10-14-2013, 08:49 AM #2
- 937 Posts
Re: Lose 4G signal with WiFi connected, turn WiFi off - get 4G signal back
All phones (that I am aware of) favor a Wi-Fi data connection when available over a cellular data connection. That is to say, if you have a working (and presumably free) Wi-Fi connection, your phone will not make use of cellular data, essentially turning it off. That's why your phone drops 4G/LTE/HSPA whenever you have a working Wi-Fi connection.
- By Alisa Brown in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 39Last Post: 10-24-2013, 03:09 AM
- By extraclass in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2Replies: 3Last Post: 10-21-2013, 12:38 PM
- By Karrott9 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 20Last Post: 10-15-2013, 04:47 PM
- By dpoverlord in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 10-14-2013, 02:47 PM
- By ssuukk in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-14-2013, 10:20 AM