Help for a Virgin Android & Nexus 4 User

Shanks Kop

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

First foray into the world of Android after finally handing in the work mobile.

I've had a play and all seems fine besides earlier I came across something that I did not set up and I can't seem to access since I disabled/removed. I also can;t seem to find this in the settings.

I have the security set to pattern, but when locked earlier the slide/swipe lock appeared with a slide left to lock, slide right to unlock and not sure if at the same time or once i slide to unlock 4-5 app icons to select from slightly above ( when i selected any it went to my regular lock screen "pattern") then continued with the selection. These were not widgets, but actual icons as you do if added to the homes screen when unlocked.

Any idea where this option is?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi All

First foray into the world of Android after finally handing in the work mobile.

I've had a play and all seems fine besides earlier I came across something that I did not set up and I can't seem to access since I disabled/removed. I also can;t seem to find this in the settings.

I have the security set to pattern, but when locked earlier the slide/swipe lock appeared with a slide left to lock, slide right to unlock and not sure if at the same time or once i slide to unlock 4-5 app icons to select from slightly above ( when i selected any it went to my regular lock screen "pattern") then continued with the selection. These were not widgets, but actual icons as you do if added to the homes screen when unlocked.

Any idea where this option is?

Do you have an app called Widget Locker or something similar installed? Does this happen every single time you unlock your phone?

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
It sounds to me that you could be describing "daydream" mode. The icons, in this case, being displayed by the screen that is applied when (and if) the device goes into this mode. Perhaps some daydream screens have that slide feature?

Try "settings>>>display". Do you see the Sleep mode? Right below that is daydream which is the choice of screens (mine is "clock plus") that is to appear once this mode is engaged. Some of these screens can include little icons, such as mail, voice, and text messages, weather, and time. This also gives the option to force "daydream" when docked and charging.

Shanks Kop

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Do you have an app called Widget Locker or something similar installed? Does this happen every single time you unlock your phone?

Nope, no widget/homescreen apps/widgets currently installed all stock out the box as of this week. It happened on ONE occasion numerous times until I did the wholse slide to unlock selected an app > > then to the pattern unlock > and then top right settings i disabled /changed the setting

Shanks Kop

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
It sounds to me that you could be describing "daydream" mode. The icons, in this case, being displayed by the screen that is applied when (and if) the device goes into this mode. Perhaps some daydream screens have that slide feature?

Try "settings>>>display". Do you see the Sleep mode? Right below that is daydream which is the choice of screens (mine is "clock plus") that is to appear once this mode is engaged. Some of these screens can include little icons, such as mail, voice, and text messages, weather, and time. This also gives the option to force "daydream" when docked and charging.

I'm aware of daydream mode and it is defintely not that as I also have that set to "Clock" and only when docked and currently i do not have a dock and it was defintely not on charge at the time.

It seems a random act with no settigns anywhere that i can find to get back to what came up