- 2 Posts
nexus 4 data hog?
I have a limited data plan now, Old phone was Nexus 1 and no problem
With data usage . Got a Nexus 4 and use about twice as much data. I see Google maps is using most of the data. I am going to update my data plan in few months to correct it.
T-Mobile said it was because it is a faster phone will all the latest updates
Posted via Android Central App
- 10-19-2013, 08:28 AM #2
- 10-19-2013, 08:49 AM #3
- 946 Posts
Re: nexus 4 data hog?
Find the News & Weather app (it's there, believe me), tap the menu icon and then Settings. Make sure auto refresh is disabled. By default, this app can consume a significant amount of data; turn it off unless you actually use it.
There are many other features which may be enabled by default or unintentionally. For example, check Settings -> Backup & reset -> Back up my data. Open the Google+ app and go through its settings very carefully. Likewise, open Google Now (swipe up from the home button towards the top of the screen) and check its settings.
- By Bad Drivers in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 3Last Post: 12-09-2013, 03:45 AM
- By Flashheatmvp3 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 11Last Post: 11-08-2013, 10:28 AM
- By BTuck123 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 14Last Post: 10-31-2013, 09:46 PM
- By saintforlife in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 30Last Post: 10-30-2013, 06:24 PM
- By mindfulness in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 10-18-2013, 09:00 PM