Question about screen repair

Dreypa

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my nexus 4 from my backpack at school a few days ago ; causing a "thick hairline( don't know how to describe it) crack in the front glass panel. The screen is still responsive so I'm assuming the crack is only an aesthetic damage and didn't damage the hardware. I could live with the crack but I had just bought this phone literally a few weeks ago and my ballistic casing hadn't arrived till after the fact. I am just wondering as I've seen a plethora of answers vary on this ; can I just replace the glass panel? Some people said the glass is built into the digitzer and they don't sell just glass screen replacements. A new screen and digitizer is 150$+ from what I've seen ; to a less than one month old phone its kind of disenchanting. (Yes I realize this is my fault not faulty phone design)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my nexus 4 from my backpack at school a few days ago ; causing a "thick hairline( don't know how to describe it) crack in the front glass panel. The screen is still responsive so I'm assuming the crack is only an aesthetic damage and didn't damage the hardware. I could live with the crack but I had just bought this phone literally a few weeks ago and my ballistic casing hadn't arrived till after the fact. I am just wondering as I've seen a plethora of answers vary on this ; can I just replace the glass panel? Some people said the glass is built into the digitzer and they don't sell just glass screen replacements. A new screen and digitizer is 150$+ from what I've seen ; to a less than one month old phone its kind of disenchanting. (Yes I realize this is my fault not faulty phone design)

Welcome to the forums.
The other thing to consider is more often than not, other components get damaged trying to repair something. Say a ribbon gets cut or tears while trying to remove the screen.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I suggest not to try to separate a digitiser and a screen unless you are super good with a heat and glue gun.

Just be thankful its functional :)

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel