Factory screen protector

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Is there any reason to remove this?

Mine has been on for about 2 months and is still perfect. Except for the +/- and power symbol. it is difficult to see that there is plastic on the screen.

Does it offer any protection against pocket scratches.

iwaswrong

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Of course it offer the protection against scratches and you can buy a silicone case to protect your phone better

Sent from my MB632 using Tapatalk 2

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Buy a cheap replacement. I had 1 scratch now 3 while waiting for my new protector, annoying but only noticeable if I look for it and angle it while the screen is mainly off.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
The front glass is quite strong in resisting pocket scratches. I have gone natural on my N4 for 2 months now (owned for 6 months) the natural experience makes the best of the phone. No fingerprint issues. Just wipe the screen on your T-shirt to remove finger prints. When I wiped the screen protector screen on my t shirt it would not remove the fingerprint but smudge them.

Also I used screen protectors from eBay. 6 for $5 front and back pairs.

Posted via Android Central App

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Well glad I kept the factory plastic film on.

At the gym and phone came out of my pocket and dropped , pulled of the head phone cord and hit the foot rest on a leg raise machine.

Made 2 major marks and I was sure I probably messed up my glass but when I turned back the plastic not a mark, whew.

Now I need to replace the plastic. There are lots listed on Ebay,.

Any suggestions? I would prefer something that just fit by static like the original protector.

Noticed these and may grab them until I find the best protector.

Picture of the phone scratches

n4_scratches.JPG

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I would prefer something that just fit by static like the original protector.
They all use static to adhere. The ones on ebay aren't the best you can buy, but they are cheap and good enough. I bought 4 pair (front and back) for around $5.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
There's a million of them online such as ebay and amazon, to name just a couple.

I know and that is part of the problem. They don't seem to distinguish as to whether they use an adhesive or just static like the original protector. But they are cheap and I will just order from several different sellers and check them out.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I know and that is part of the problem. They don't seem to distinguish as to whether they use an adhesive or just static like the original protector. But they are cheap and I will just order from several different sellers and check them out.

Screen protectors don't use adhesive. That wouldn't make sense. I've bought MANY screen protectors over the years and have never seen any with adhesive.