help! internet.apk???

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So I was in my Chrome browser and at the bottom popped up a download notice. I clicked cancel as I didn't download anything. I noticed the download was for "internet.apk" so I typed "internet.apk" into Google to search, well I think it took it as a URL link and said "redirecting" and now my chrome browser is all kinds of screwed up.

What did I do??

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
So I was in my Chrome browser and at the bottom popped up a download notice. I clicked cancel as I didn't download anything. I noticed the download was for "internet.apk" so I typed "internet.apk" into Google to search, well I think it took it as a URL link and said "redirecting" and now my chrome browser is all kinds of screwed up.

What did I do??

Hmmm, never heard of this before. But you can try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, never heard of this before. But you can try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it.

Now my bookmarks do no show up at all. They appear but are grayed out and and then fade away and the new tab is non functional.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Haven't tried that yet. I want that to be last resort. I just hope I dont have a virus or something. What is "internet.apk" anyways?

Like I said, I'm not really sure. Why is uninstalling a problem?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Apps -> Downloaded tab. Is there anything in the list titled "Internet"? If so, tap on it and then tap Uninstall.

Anything else in that list that doesn't look familiar? Uninstall it.

Still no joy? Same list, tap on Chrome then Clear Data, Clear Cache, Uninstall Updates.