Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

ROM
    Lollipop 5.0

Default Re: Android 4.4 kit kat on nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by JLREZZ View Post
    Yes! Release in 2 weeks or more for NEXUS 4.
    HTC said the GPE One will be getting 4.4 within the next 15 days. I wouldn't consider that a promise, but given that time frame I'd expect the Nexus 4 update to start rolling out within two weeks.

Having release 4.4 on my Nexus 4 will be nice. But there isn't really anything I find about the changes in 4.4 that overwhelms me or "excites" me.

Man id love to see a 4.4 on a N4 demo instead of all the 4.4 on N5 demos.
    The "infraction"

Global Posts
    1,869 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

I'm not getting the Nexus 5 so the release of Android 4.4 has me excited.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

AOSP 4.4 is already available that can be flashed. Soon the factory images will be able from Google which can also be flashed but I guess most people will wait for the OTA update which make take a week or so.
    nazem likes this.

I'm not buying an N5, either, so 4.4 on an N4 is much more important to me personally. That doesn't mean I don't care about the N5, or the N5 getting 4.4. That's really awesome. It's also really awesome that the GNS and lots of other older hardware will also eventually get 4.4, as this just sticks it in Apple's face all the more.
    nazem likes this.

Okay, so when do you guys think its coming out? for the nexus devices?
    GPE phones are getting it in 15 days.

Quote Originally Posted by itic View Post
    Googles claim that 4.4 will optimize low and med end devices resulting in faster, smoother and more efficient operation. If that can be said for low and med level devices then that should mean that the already fast and smooth N4 should be even better with 4.4.
    This would make my phone perfect for me!!! Just hope it works out like they say

sent from Nexus 4 Posted via Android Central App

N5 port of KitKat running great for me. I'll stay put until factory images drop.

from my Kit Kat/Trinity v4a[n⁴]
    nazem likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Quote Originally Posted by Google4Lifee View Post
    I'm most likely wrong but i feel like google is delaying the nexus ota's so they can release them along side the GPE phones. That's just what i think.

I love not being stuck in a walled garden by using Google's products. From what I'm seeing of the N5 with 4.4, my N4 with 4.4 will give me a lot of satisfaction.
    Fairclough and runtmms like this.

+1 there isn't enough hardware changes for me to upgrade. So far my nexus 4 is perfect

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
    Linh321 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Google4Lifee View Post
    According to the 4.4 announcement, the roll out will be: Nexus 4, 7, 10, the Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One Google Play edition devices. If this is the case the N4 will be first in line. A couple of days ago someone also said that the individual device roll outs will go to the largest markets first.,,US, UK, Europe
    The "infraction"

Oh How I hope it improves battery life with it's new more efficient os

Surprised no one is giving us some info and pics of it on their N4

Quote Originally Posted by Reddzilla View Post
    They said that about 4.3. I did that and still not one problem. Screwing the account is more a myth than the work around

Posted using Nexus 4 via Android Central App
    Did it with my Galaxy Nexus and it screwed my account synching.

Didn't try it on my N4.

I'll wait. Last update took ten days for me to get it after it was announced it was pushing to the N4.

Posted via Android Central App

Given that Nexus devices seem to be in line ahead of GPE devices and GPEs were slated for a two week upgrade timeframe, I'd imagine this time next week 4.4 will start trickling out via OTA to N4 and then N7 2013, N10, N 7 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Hekmati View Post
    Given that Nexus devices seem to be in line ahead of GPE devices and GPEs were slated for a two week upgrade timeframe, I'd imagine this time next week 4.4 will start trickling out via OTA to N4 and then N7 2013, N10, N 7 2012.
    Hopefully this too will be leaked soon or someone will post up that they got 4.4 and where theyre located.
    The "infraction"

Whenever I have gotten a whole release update of Android (not just little incidental updates) I always wipe my phone first to prevent problems. With the exception of a straight Debian upgrade, there isn't a single OS on any kind of hardware that I don't do a clean install first before doing an OS upgrade.

It occurs to me that, when 4.3 came out, I took several piles of flaming dog excrement from people here over suggesting they go about it in that fashion, so this time I'm only going to say that's the procedure I am going to use. The rest of you folks... you can do whatever you want.

I think you got flak not for what you were saying buy for the sheer number of times you said it, often in places where is was somewhat irrelevant advice. To your credit it's never a bad idea to do a clean install but once we've all heard it 5 or 6 times it can get old.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,732 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    I'm not buying an N5, either, so 4.4 on an N4 is much more important to me personally. That doesn't mean I don't care about the N5, or the N5 getting 4.4. That's really awesome. It's also really awesome that the GNS and lots of other older hardware will also eventually get 4.4, as this just sticks it in Apple's face all the more.
    Why bring Apple up in a remotely unrelated topic?

Posted via Android Central App

I think it was brought it as android was criticised by them for not updating old flagships etc and fragmenting updates

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

I love the N5, I have one at work I've played with (and had to hand back) and it seems fantastic but I still think I'm going to sit it out for now and see what 4.4 is like on my N4, what it does to battery life etc

Often an OS update is enough to shake away my urges for a new device so I'm hoping that will be the case with KitKat. I want to keep the N4 for a while yet, frankly it does everything I need it to exceptionally well so I have no reason to change or need to spend the cash. I could put that money towards a chromebook 11 when they're out and have change.

That doesn't stop the N5 calling at me in the back of my mind though!

Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Why bring Apple up in a remotely unrelated topic?
    and...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    I think it was brought it as android was criticised by them for not updating old flagships etc and fragmenting updates.
    I'm sorry, Chetan, did someone die and make you king, whereupon you outlawed everything you do not like?

Fairclough brings up a fair point, even though it wasn't foremost in my mind at the time. Apple has been able to make that happen in a sense through forcing carriers into becoming relegated to the status of Network-layer service providers. To the extent that Google, Mozilla, RIM, and yes, even Microsoft, can do that, it will be a boon to us users.
    Fairclough likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,732 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    and...

I'm sorry, Chetan, did someone die and make you king, whereupon you outlawed everything you do not like?

Fairclough brings up a fair point, even though it wasn't foremost in my mind at the time. Apple has been able to make that happen in a sense through forcing carriers into becoming relegated to the status of Network-layer service providers. To the extent that Google, Mozilla, RIM, and yes, even Microsoft, can do that, it will be a boon to us users.
    Sure it will. But saying "this just sticks it in Apple's face all the more" reeks of fanboyism. You simply did not need to say that, oh and I'm giving my opinion and you can't stop me can you?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast