- 166 Posts
Best process for transitioning from Nexus 4 to Nexus 5?
I realize this is more of a general android questions, but...
I currently have an N4 and hope to have an N5 in a week or so. I'd like the transition to N5 to be as seamless as possible.
Currently I have my app data backed up to Box via Helium. I've never needed to make use of the backup through. Conceivably can I simply restore the backup data onto the N5 once google loads all my apps? (I backup App Data Only).
Another decision would be regarding photos. I use stock camera and Camerazoom (saving to different places). I also have downloads/screenshots/etc. I'd just need to copy, via laptop, all the image files from the N4 to the N5 (into appropriate dirs), no?
What else would I need to do? (I don't really store music locally on the N4.)
- 11-01-2013, 05:06 PM #2
- 5,139 Posts
- Stock 4.4 (KitKat)
Re: Best process for transitioning from Nexus 4 to Nexus 5?
Regarding application data, use caution with restoring apps since some may not be compatible or could cause issues. This will mainly be due to the new OS. It's not likely, but could be possible, so keep that in mind. And remember, only /user data can be transferred over, not /system data.
- By iWalkerzx in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2013, 01:47 AM
- By neonworm in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 12Last Post: 11-13-2013, 07:49 PM
- By Instrumentals in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 14Last Post: 11-04-2013, 10:52 AM
- By Shilohcane in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 0Last Post: 11-01-2013, 04:28 PM
- By jbrad157 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 0Last Post: 11-01-2013, 04:27 PM