- 2 Posts
Nexus 4 Battery life on 3G
As everyone knows, the battery life on Nexus 4 is not good. So far, I've managed to get some decent battery life by turning off the 3G radio and using it only when needed. For example, when I'm at work or at home, I'm gonna be using Wi-Fi anyway, so I disable the 3G radio.
Whenever I turn on 3G, the battery drains like crazy (even with the display, wifi off). I turn down the display brighness as low as possible. Typically the phone only lasts 5 or 6 hours with minimal Screen-ON-time when 3G is enabled (like 30 to 60 minutes). I've tried disabling Sync but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the battery life. I usually have bad 3G signal near home but I've tried this experiment at work and other places where there is 5 bars of HSPA+ and it still doesn't help. When I switch to 2G, then it stops draining the battery. Any idea if this is normal or I have a bad 3G radio ?
- 11-03-2013, 12:29 PM #2
- 11-04-2013, 12:04 AM #3
- 11-04-2013, 09:10 AM #4
- 26 Posts
Re: Nexus 4 Battery life on 3G
Sorry, I read it wrong. If your battery drains in 5-6 hours and your screen on time is just 30-60 minutes then yes, something is wrong.
My battery life is also not the best - my battery drains in 36-48 hours with an SOT of 1 hour - 1:30 hours, so something is definitely wrong with your phone.
It's usually apps fault. Try installing Better battery stats and see if you can narrow down the problem.
- By Channan in forum T-MobileReplies: 9Last Post: 11-21-2013, 12:37 PM
- By bLampert in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 6Last Post: 11-12-2013, 11:12 PM
- By GearJ2o in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 14Last Post: 11-05-2013, 08:25 PM
- By choclab1 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 11Last Post: 11-04-2013, 12:13 PM
- By King Mustard in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 11-02-2013, 12:59 AM