4.4 dialer APK?

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Besides it wouldn't just be the dialer. The framework also has to be updated beyond simply the dialer.apk but solidarity! I'm anxious for the 4.4 upgrade too. I'm holding off on the PA and AOSP roms floating around as they're built from N5 and packed with N4 drivers. Not really daily driver material.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Besides it wouldn't just be the dialer. The framework also has to be updated beyond simply the dialer.apk but solidarity! I'm anxious for the 4.4 upgrade too. I'm holding off on the PA and AOSP roms floating around as they're built from N5 and packed with N4 drivers. Not really daily driver material.

Exactly my thoughts.

Posted via Android Central App

deltatux

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the factory image for the Nexus 5, it seems that in Android 4.4, the Dialer.apk and Phone.apk that has been included in Android 4.0-4.3 are no longer included. It's likely the functionality may have been rolled into TelephonyProvider.apk or some other APK that has a different name but Dialer.apk and Phone.apk is missing.

Here's a screenshot of the file list in the image.
filelist-n5-factoryimage.png

deltatux

deltatux

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Ummm, Nexus 4 already has a source tree in AOSP, they're not built off the Nexus 5 factory image at all. It's going to be just like all other supported Nexus devices that are built from AOSP. For older devices like Galaxy Nexus, it'll be doing what you're describing instead but not for the Nexus 4.

Anirudh Madhok

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Looking at the factory image for the Nexus 5, it seems that in Android 4.4, the Dialer.apk and Phone.apk that has been included in Android 4.0-4.3 are no longer included. It's likely the functionality may have been rolled into TelephonyProvider.apk or some other APK that has a different name but Dialer.apk and Phone.apk is missing.

Here's a screenshot of the file list in the image.
View attachment 90108

deltatux

It's the telephony provider apk but you need the telephonyprovider.odex too if you want it on another nexus out Samsung device ontthe HTC one it works fine without the .odex

RichySamui

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's the telephony provider apk but you need the telephonyprovider.odex too if you want it on another nexus out Samsung device ontthe HTC one it works fine without the .odex

So you've got it working on the HTC One? If I take the apk and odex file and put it on my Note 3 and install, you think I'll be good to go?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Aosp isn't too great. Running it now. I kinda just want the official right now.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

Nathanial Wilson

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Last edited: