1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.4 dialer APK?

I was wondering if we could get that or if it was a system app.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: 4.4 dialer APK?

I saw this:

I'm not sure if it works, I don't have a phone to test it now.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post
    I saw this:

I'm not sure if it works, I don't have a phone to test it now.
    Thanks. Am gonna have a look now.

This link give you the icon app, not the dialer app. But if you have the new Kitkat launcher like me, it could be nice
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Marc-Antoine Larose View Post
    This link give you the icon app, not the dialer app. But if you have the new Kitkat launcher like me, it could be nice
    Yeah I figured.

Besides it wouldn't just be the dialer. The framework also has to be updated beyond simply the dialer.apk but solidarity! I'm anxious for the 4.4 upgrade too. I'm holding off on the PA and AOSP roms floating around as they're built from N5 and packed with N4 drivers. Not really daily driver material.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Hekmati View Post
    Besides it wouldn't just be the dialer. The framework also has to be updated beyond simply the dialer.apk but solidarity! I'm anxious for the 4.4 upgrade too. I'm holding off on the PA and AOSP roms floating around as they're built from N5 and packed with N4 drivers. Not really daily driver material.
    Exactly my thoughts.

sxp

nice i try mabe work

ROM
    SlimROM 4.4/franco.Kernel

Looking at the factory image for the Nexus 5, it seems that in Android 4.4, the Dialer.apk and Phone.apk that has been included in Android 4.0-4.3 are no longer included. It's likely the functionality may have been rolled into TelephonyProvider.apk or some other APK that has a different name but Dialer.apk and Phone.apk is missing.

Here's a screenshot of the file list in the image.
    4.4 dialer APK?-filelist-n5-factoryimage.png

deltatux

ROM
    SlimROM 4.4/franco.Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Hekmati View Post
    Ummm, Nexus 4 already has a source tree in AOSP, they're not built off the Nexus 5 factory image at all. It's going to be just like all other supported Nexus devices that are built from AOSP. For older devices like Galaxy Nexus, it'll be doing what you're describing instead but not for the Nexus 4.

Quote Originally Posted by deltatux View Post
    Looking at the factory image for the Nexus 5, it seems that in Android 4.4, the Dialer.apk and Phone.apk that has been included in Android 4.0-4.3 are no longer included. It's likely the functionality may have been rolled into TelephonyProvider.apk or some other APK that has a different name but Dialer.apk and Phone.apk is missing.

Here's a screenshot of the file list in the image.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filelist-n5-factoryimage.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	90108

deltatux
    It's the telephony provider apk but you need the telephonyprovider.odex too if you want it on another nexus out Samsung device ontthe HTC one it works fine without the .odex

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh Madhok View Post
    It's the telephony provider apk but you need the telephonyprovider.odex too if you want it on another nexus out Samsung device ontthe HTC one it works fine without the .odex
    So you've got it working on the HTC One? If I take the apk and odex file and put it on my Note 3 and install, you think I'll be good to go?

Quote Originally Posted by RichySamui View Post
    So you've got it working on the HTC One? If I take the apk and odex file and put it on my Note 3 and install, you think I'll be good to go?
    Can someone share these files? I hate the TW dialer too.

Aosp isn't too great. Running it now. I kinda just want the official right now.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

I don't understand why you guys feel you have to get everything directly from Google.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Wait a few days. Developers will be giving you everything

I pulled this from my N5. Push it to /system/app, permissions rw-r--r--, and reboot. I do not know if this will work though. And also bear in mind this file is odexed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo ZedEl View Post
    I pulled this from my N5. Push it to /system/app, permissions rw-r--r--, and reboot. I do not know if this will work though. And also bear in mind this file is odexed.

Do you push the odex file to /system/app as well?

Edit: I pushed the file to /system/app and all it does is fc the phone over and over.
    Last edited by Nathanial Wilson; 11-13-2013 at 10:23 AM.