Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Front screen scratch bugging the hell out of me

Alright, so I left my phone without a protector for 2 days and my father took it to use it a little bit.

Now it has a small but long scratch on the front screen that can be sensed with a fingernail and its driving me crazy.
    Everything works fine but I love imagining that my nexus 4 is a piece of a diamond or something when I turn the screen off. Its all black and its so cool, but now it has a scratch and its getting much more fingerprints there.

This phone is 2 months old and I can't believe this happened. What can I do? Can I change the front glass? How can I fix this?

Also what is a good screen protector with a feeling of glass?

Thanks!

Default Re: Front screen scratch bugging the hell out of me

Quote Originally Posted by Vasito2 View Post
    Alright, so I left my phone without a protector for 2 days and my father took it to use it a little bit.

Now it has a small but long scratch on the front screen that can be sensed with a fingernail and its driving me crazy.
    Everything works fine but I love imagining that my nexus 4 is a piece of a diamond or something when I turn the screen off. Its all black and its so cool, but now it has a scratch and its getting much more fingerprints there.

This phone is 2 months old and I can't believe this happened. What can I do? Can I change the front glass? How can I fix this?

Also what is a good screen protector with a feeling of glass?

Thanks!
    Lots of threads on screen protectors on this forum, do a search. I have always used screen protectors on my smart phones and in 3 years, not one scratch. I never tried taking one off to see what would happen.

Global Posts
    6,445 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I can completely empathize and imagine just how you feel. Why oh why did you not have a screen protector on your phone always!? Anywho, don't hate your father, he didn't mean to mar your precious device, I'm quite sure. You could try replacing the glass (but only after finding and reviewing 2 or 3 GOOD youtubes on the process). The best screen protector with the feeling of glass would be...glass itself. Oh, say, something along the lines of this.
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Тhanks Haalcyon

But how can I get a front glass? Cant I just send the phone to some service? Many people told me that they have used their nexus 4s for 2 or more months without a screen protector and still have no scratches. Does that mean that my copy has a defect? Can Google replace it and should I contact them?
    Thanked by:

Тhanks Haalcyon

But how can I get a front glass? Cant I just send the phone to some service? Many people told me that they have used their nexus 4s for 2 or more months without a screen protector and still have no scratches. Does that mean that my copy has a defect? Can Google replace it and should I contact them?
    I use no screen protector but always careful it never goes in a pocket with anything else. As for defect, I highly doubt that. Perhaps you should check with your father as to how he used it, what happened.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6,445 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Not everyone without a screen protector will have a marred screen. ...but accidents happen. Sand and grit are real threats.

from a '14 Note 10.1
    Live long and prosper.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Whats a good protector that I can get in Europe. I understand there are some with fluids that fix scratches a little bit?

The one Haalcyon Im not sure I can get in France.

Sounds like you should ask your Dad to pay for or help pay for a new screen.....
    The "infraction"
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by itic View Post
    Sounds like you should ask your Dad to pay for or help pay for a new screen.....
    Does Google change the glass for a reasonable price? Or some service where I can send it? The scratches are very light but visible enough.

Does Google change the glass for a reasonable price? Or some service where I can send it? The scratches are very light but visible enough.
    A google queue should answer that question..
    The "infraction"

It's about $180 to get a new screen put on.
    You can buy the parts yourself for about $120 online.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app