Unfortunately [everything] has stopped.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
1. Turn the phone on.
2. Long-press the power button until the menu appears.
3. Long-press the "Power off" option until you see the following image.
4. Press OK to reboot in safe mode.

If the problem no longer exists, then it is caused by a third-party (that is, non-OS) app.

Screenshot_2013-11-11-11-26-34.jpg

drich

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I'll throw my hat in the ring as my N4 does the 'unfortunately' thingy as well. Got the message window this morning as well as the UI stopped working as well. Last week the browser stopped and something else but can't remember which one. Turning the phone off , waiting a few seconds then back on, so far has resolved the issue short term. We'll see what tomorrow brings

scoutzdad

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Add my N4 to the list as well. Happened over the weekend, was fine yesterday and this morning again after taking it off the charging orb. Never had this issue in the year I've owned it. Running stock 4.3, no APKs, and no battery monitors. Here are the apps that recently updated: fly delta, iTriage health, light flow lite, shazam, & slacker radio. I'll start deleting one-by-one and see if that helps. Meanwhile, I'll continue to wait patiently for KitKat and hope it solves the issue.

jbevers77

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I plugged mine in directly to the wall and had no issues last night. Does anyone know if there's a specific app that handles wireless charging? Did it get an update?

Posted via Android Central App

PlusJack

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
interesting... i will try also now, when ill put it to charge overnight and see in the morning, if my alarm will ring or will meet this "wonderful" message again.

I'll try this too. I'll let you know if it works in the morning. If it does, Google has a big bug on their hands.

whitenight21

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
lo and behold, after charging with cable (not with wireless orb) my alarm went off correctly and no message appeared. so far, this is the first time that i did not get the message in the morning.

ill continue to charge by cable... we'll see if the problem appears...

PlusJack

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it's of any significance but I installed the latest stable CyanogenMod last night. (was stock before) It unfortunately did not fix the problem. It does seem to have to be a charging orb issue.

shawne11

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I've abandoned wireless charging for the past 2 nights instead using a cable and have had no problems. Seems wireless charging may be the culprit. I hope Kitkat fixes this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

scoutzdad

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to plug in last night and instinctively placed it on my nexus charging orb for the overnight charge, only to wake up this morning and find the phone unable to open any apps. This was even after deleting all recently updated apps. Will try the plug charging method tonight and from the looks of it that should solve the issue. I certainly hope the upcoming KitKat solves this recent issue.

whitenight21

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
problem free also two days.. after abandoning also wireless charging and returned to classical charging.
too bad though, the wireless charging is quite handy..

chinoco02

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry guys, like I mentioned in an earlier post, charging via micro USB cable or wireless orb doesn't make a difference to me. Both charging methods end with the same result - unfortunately <something> has stopped. A restart resolves this issue although I'm partially successful if I swipe and close all the apps in Recent Apps.

Meanwhile, over on Android Police, it seems others with different devices are getting the same message after installing the Home (GEL) launcher. Hmmm, I wonder if all these new updates to Google apps has some underlying code for ART, which is not playing nice with the dalvik runtime code?

scoutzdad

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Plug in charging worked for me last nite with no issues this morning. I'm running stock 4.3 and something must of updated over this last week to cause this issue for me as up until Sunday morning I was bug/issue free.

rpl318

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had this exact same problem. It occurs a couple of times per week. This could be coincidence, but for me the first thing that seems to crash is Swiftkey. After that, everything else I attempt to open crashes and eventually the UI will crash as well. A reboot is the only cure. I don't use wireless charging so that doesn't appear to be the culprit for me. I just installed Kitkat tonight. Hopefully that rectifies the issue.

chinoco02

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Good stuff scoutzdad. I tried checking off the automatic time zone and date as well as the daylight savings time. I then checked it back on.

We'll see what happens tomorrow morning. I put my N4 on the wireless orb as well. Anyone want to place bets to see what happens? ;-)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX