Google drops the ball with slow kikat rollout

dan smartt

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Google has really dropped the ball with updating nexus devices to kitkat!

At least IOS updates are ready in a timely manner cmon google announce a date.

Posted via Android Central App

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Let?s see?

iOS 7 was announced on 10 Jun 2013. It was released on 18 Sep 2013. That's 100 days in between.

The N5 and Kit-Kat were announced on 31 Oct 2013. That?s 11 days ago. Relax.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It's frustrating but not the end of the world. Least Nexus's usually beat most other phones. Hopefully this holds up and beats htc to it.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

sublime1287

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Dropping the ball would of been realising a half assed version just to shut people up. I'll gladly wait for a functioning product over a slapped together and duct taped one.

Pure Speed X💉 ~ ViPER4Android 🎧 [n⁴]

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
It's not like they started working on the product once they were done announcing kit kat and the nexus 5.
Dropping the ball would of been realising a half assed version just to shut people up. I'll gladly wait for a functioning product over a slapped together and duct taped one.

seamonky

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
try waiting for a blackberry update!!! half the time they just change their mind and dont bother releasing it. so glad i moved across

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Just get the nexus 5 port, guys. That's why you have a nexus!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
One reason I bought a Nexus was so I didn't have to sideload crap just to get the latest and greatest. :p

LOL
Hysterical! How about owning a NON nexus phone and waiting a year or more for the latest OS update?

Relax.
Or never getting one in the first place. Or, worse, having your promised update canceled at the last minute.

This delay is nothing. It will roll out in stages anyway, so even when people do start seeing it you may have to wait another week longer before it hits your phone. I won't cry foul unless another phone gets it first (like the Moto X).

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
It's a bit too soon to say they've "dropped the ball" when were still within the 3 week time frame they claimed it would come out in since its announcement. Im as frustrated as the next person.

Last edited:

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
While I don?t think they have dropped any balls, I am anxious to see if my first gen N7 is getting updated, and if so, how KitKat would work on it. I understand the OPs frustrations LOL.

TdotLee

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Let?s see?

iOS 7 was announced on 10 Jun 2013. It was released on 18 Sep 2013. That's 100 days in between.

The N5 and Kit-Kat were announced on 31 Oct 2013. That?s 11 days ago. Relax.

Not entirely true...

iOS 7:
Announced & features teased on June 10

Official announcement & features detailed on September 10

Released on iPhone 5S & 5C and for upgrade on other eligible Apple products on September 18

Android Kit Kat:
Announced on September 3

Official announcement & features detailed along with Nexus 5 released for order on October 31

Released for upgrade on other eligible Android devices TBD???

I'm in no rush, just clarifying the dates. The fact is Apple prepares their iOS updates for a universal release across their line of eligible products. Google does not...

Side note, I have the fortune of sharing a 10x10 office with a diehard Apple person (iPhone 5's, iPods, Macbook Air, Macbook Pro, Apple TV). I'm open-minded, but tend to like Google products (Nexus 4's, soon to own Nexus 7 & Chromebook). So we have plenty of Google & Apple discussions & debates. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress