Brand New Nexus 4 Front camera not working

Cristian Figoli

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I got my new nexus 4 a couple of days ago and today I was trying to get a picture with the front camera and it does not work, there are only a few stripes, see below the photos it takes, the screen looks exactly like that.
One thing I remember, is that as soon as I got it it updated to 4.3 but not sure if that could be the reason

Anybody knows what might be?

Thank you

IMG_20131111_085407.jpg

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I got my new nexus 4 a couple of days ago and today I was trying to get a picture with the front camera and it does not work, there are only a few stripes, see below the photos it takes, the screen looks exactly like that.
One thing I remember, is that as soon as I got it it updated to 4.3 but not sure if that could be the reason

Anybody knows what might be?

Thank you

View attachment 91176

Was this a "New in Box" phone purchased from a major vendor, an eBay resale, or what?

Sure looks like either a bad camera or a partially disconnected camera cable. If you are brave (and have no other option such as warranty return), you can try checking the camera connection:

A replacement camera is very inexpensive: LG Galaxy Nexus 4 E960 LS970 E970 Front Camera