Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By festinator
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation 4.4 is here

Factory image above

Default Re: 4.4 is here

Which means OTA will be coming soon. Where is my beer, time to get rowdy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    sMt73 likes this.

Let the flashing begins.

Hurry up OTA download link, I'm impatient. LOL.

As I don't seem to get OTA or Play updates recently I will have to sideload. I still had Hangouts 1.x until I got the apk this morning. -_-

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

After sideload I got a message "E: signature verification failed" and "Installation aborted." Anybody got that error too?

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Yeah - I just did a reboot and tried again and it worked.

To those who have sideloaded:

Does kitkat have the transparent nav buttons on our phones?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    After sideload I got a message "E: signature verification failed" and "Installation aborted." Anybody got that error too?
    This is not an OTA package, this is a factory image that you must use fastboot to unlock the bootloader (which will wipe your entire device) and manually flash the firmware. The OTA is coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 4ringsa6 View Post

No, old launcher. However its still possible to manually install it. There is an AOSP launcher that have transparencies too (called Launcher3.apk, take it from a CyanogenMod 11 rom). I think Google wants to roll it out with a Google Search update.
    Thanked by:
    jdbii 

is there anyway to do an OTA update with the cyanogenmod installed? I am new to this.

The OTA updates are for official factory stock rom only, and it will only work if the device is running stock odexed rom with stock recovery and stock kernel. It does not apply to CyanogenMod whatsoever.

Since you are already using CyanogenMod, just download CyanogenMod11 () and go into your custom recovery and flash it, you will get similar benefits as stock 4.4 and more. These are nightlies however, so they aren't stable for daily uses.

If you want to use stock 4.4, follow this guide to factory restore the device: [GUIDE] Nexus 4 - Factory Image Restore Use the latest 4.4 factory stock image from here: , in which case you do not need to apply this OTA which is to update from 4.3 to 4.4.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Wife just received her OTA notification. I side loaded it, she was more patient than me. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by sMt73 View Post
    Wife just received her OTA notification. I side loaded it, she was more patient than me. Haha.
    Do you have the OTA download link so I can ADB it?
    Thanks.

Nothing here yet unfortunately.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by 4ringsa6 View Post

It will not, no. However, , the Google Search update that's also rolling out (which I picked up this morning on my Nexus 4 and 7) has strong indications that we'll see the new launcher with the transparency effects in the near future. If you can't wait, however, several third party launchers have already implemented this feature.

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by tscbatt View Post
    is there anyway to do an OTA update with the cyanogenmod installed? I am new to this.
    No. You can't take an OTA update because your device is modified

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by tscbatt View Post
    No, the OTA update is a stock version of 4.4. Either you go back to 4.3 stock and update from there with the OTA or you flash it directly. You need to wipe you're device for that, though.

Hi , I am running 4.4 on a Nexus 5 , I have 2 question if anyone can help ?
    1)HangOuts: It opens a new " thread " form every sms even if it is from the same sender
    and the sms is not recognized from my contacts ; the sms senders cell number has the
    countries prefix on it .Is there some I need to do / can do to sort this out ?
    2)I don't like the Nexus 5 call app , I have downloaded a few caller/dialer apps
    but don't know how to make the downloaded app my default app ; my device is
    not rooted and I don't want to root it etc , can someone advice me ...?
    Thanx ...

Don't know about hangouts since I don't even use it and stock with the old Messenger, by for default app, when you make a call on your default Android dialer, it should pop up a menu asking which dialer app you want to use and you can select Always for that app.

sent from tapatalk app

Quote Originally Posted by R8J8D View Post
    Hi , I am running 4.4 on a Nexus 5 , I have 2 question if anyone can help ?
    1)HangOuts: It opens a new " thread " form every sms even if it is from the same sender
    and the sms is not recognized from my contacts ; the sms senders cell number has the
    countries prefix on it .Is there some I need to do / can do to sort this out ?
    2)I don't like the Nexus 5 call app , I have downloaded a few caller/dialer apps
    but don't know how to make the downloaded app my default app ; my device is
    not rooted and I don't want to root it etc , can someone advice me ...?
    Thanx ...
    Report your feed back to the proper channels so the Devs will fix it and wait it out. KitKat is still alittle new so there will be some glitches as the Devs get everything straightened out.

To change your dialer go to settings..apps..all scroll to dialer and clear defaults. When you use the new dialer it should ask if you want to use once or always..chose always. You can change back the same way

Quote Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
    To change your dialer go to settings..apps..all scroll to dialer and clear defaults. When you use the new dialer it should ask if you want to use once or always..chose always. You can change back the same way
    This is the problem , the google dialer is not set as the default. Dialer is not so much the problem as the " app " which answers ???
    I have been through the apps and there are not set defaults ...

P.S. I have just seen that I can Disable the Google Dialer ...
    Disabled the default dialer installed 2 different dialers ... in short an absolute disaster ...nothing worked .
    Replaced the downloaded ringtone with one which came with the cell , I hope that this was the problem ?!?
    I will keep the post up-dated ...
    Last edited by R8J8D; 11-17-2013 at 10:56 AM.

ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

I installed the Factory image on mine. I have 4.4 on my Nexus 4.

Yes it is awesome. But most of the enhancements are superficial IMO....not that it matters. I am still glad to have it. Performance does not seem that much faster, and it is not as smooth as my Nexus 5, although it is still pretty smooth.

Help me out here , what/who/how are the right channels.
    I am seriously not a" happy camper " , the Nexus 5 is my 5'th android cell and I am have more bugs with it than
    with all my previous cells put together.
    I have had the Nexus 5 for 4 days and have had another bug 3 times already ; this is I receive a call when the cell is
    placed on a table and not in it " pouch " , the screen lights up and shows that I have an in coming call but there is no sound from
    the ringer ...