Can't install 4.4 without new Baseband files?

rupam95

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Trying to install 4.4 using google's factory image but i get "Fail" after Baseband check.

Says i have: m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1700.84

but update requires m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1700.97

Where can i get this?

//I'm using Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit to push the 4.4 images to my nexus 4.

/Extracted the image files, but there's only .84 radio file.....no .97 WTF?

Last edited:

Sicily1918

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
The Galaxy SII (for one) would not work on a JB ROM unless you had the latest JB baseband; doesn't surprise me that a new OS might need a new baseband.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The baseband (aka radio) is in the factory image itself. After you finished flashing the stock image you can flash back a different baseband if you want to.

rupam95

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Finally! After looking all over YouTube and Google i found it!
I had to manually flash each file one by one!
Thanks to this video: How to Restore to Stock/Flash a Google Factory Image - Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM Unlocked - YouTube

Other helpful Videos:
Nexus - Install Stock Android 4.3 - Factory Images - Fastboot TUTORIAL - YouTube
How to install the Android SDK, ADB and Fastboot on your PC - YouTube

Tips:
Make sure your environment variables are placed correctly!
To ensure adb is installed properly type in CMD "adb.exe" and NOT "adb".

jonzey231@yahoo.com

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I remember hearing a while back on one of thses Android sites that there was a leaked FCC filing of a N4 with LTE. I wonder if the KitKat update will officially activate the radio. Since most of us use the the N4 on T-Mo anyways, LTE works flawlessly if you're in a covered area. I use it everwhere I go and it kicks HSPA+'s ***. Lol. So that'd be cool if they got it LTE certified and will activate LTE with the OTA.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I remember hearing a while back on one of thses Android sites that there was a leaked FCC filing of a N4 with LTE. I wonder if the KitKat update will officially activate the radio. Since most of us use the the N4 on T-Mo anyways, LTE works flawlessly if you're in a covered area. I use it everwhere I go and it kicks HSPA+'s ***. Lol. So that'd be cool if they got it LTE certified and will activate LTE with the OTA.

Sigh.

It wasn't an FCC filling, it was an update to to the Bluetooth settings. And there was no change in the radios, just someone checked the LTE box in the phone description box.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

MdkB

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I had the same the problem with my N4. i don't remember exactly the numbers but it was like "baseband X expected instead of baseband Y". I used the flash force option of NRT and didn't have problems (I did it because i wanted so much to play with kitkat). I checked my baseband version now and it's m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1700.84. could this be a problem for future OTA updates?

is there an easy way to fix it? ( easy= not reinstalling everything)

Thanks a lot
M

gtanner00

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. It was caused by Google's mistake of naming the new radio files (.97) the same as the old ones (.84) of you use the wugs toolkit it will try to check to make sure that the file matches the name for security reasons. Of course in this case they won't match and then file will fail to flash. The way to solve this is to turn on force flash in the toolkit options which will disable the verification and all will be fine when you're flash the stock images.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

gtanner00

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes that's what i did. so is it normal to see on my device now .84?

If you just used the toolkit the normal way, then yes it should say .84 . what it says on the device is always the real name. The .84 radio will not function on 4.4 so that is where the problem is at.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey