Google Nexus 4 - Factory Image

Snothy

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I just flashed the new factory image (4.4) but i haven't downloaded the new binaries. I don't know what they are, or how to flash them (I just learned how to flash the factory image today). Do I need them or are they in the factory image itself?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

If you flash the factory images obtained from Google using Fastboot then your all set, no need to do anything further. The binaries you speak of are meant for those building Android from source code for developers.

Good luck and enjoy!

Paul
Forums Moderator.

bulletmark

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
If you flash the factory images obtained from Google using Fastboot then your all set, no need to do anything further.
That's not correct. If you want the new Google launcher (with transparency, ok google, bigger icons, etc) then you also have to download and install the GEL apk after installing KitKat. Get it from How To Try The Google Experience Launcher With Translucent Bars And Google Now Once You Get Your KitKat Update [APK Download]. Just download it on your phone and install directly so it is a piece of cake to install. It is not available in the Play store. I installed it and it is really great. I have an N5 also but the N4 is essentially the same now with just a slightly smaller physical screen.

Waterdroid

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
That's not correct. If you want the new Google launcher (with transparency, ok google, bigger icons, etc) then you also have to download and install the GEL apk after installing KitKat. Get it from How To Try The Google Experience Launcher With Translucent Bars And Google Now Once You Get Your KitKat Update [APK Download]. Just download it on your phone and install directly so it is a piece of cake to install. It is not available in the Play store. I installed it and it is really great. I have an N5 also but the N4 is essentially the same now with just a slightly smaller physical screen.

He is correct actually. The GEL does not come with the factory image, you can only manually install it or wait for it to be uploaded to the Playstore.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig