Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android 4.4 screen rotation problem.

Hi, So I just updated to Kit Kat, and when I set my own custom background and then press the multitasking button (when the phone is in landscape), the wallpaper is cropped and there is a big box of black on the right.

Sorry about the vagueness of the description, I find it really hard to describe, so here is a picture to show you guys what it looks like...

From android 4.3 and even 4.2.2, the wallpaper auto-adjusts so that it fills up the screen when it is in landscape...

Android 4.4 screen rotation problem.-screenshot_2013-11-23-13-27-03.png

Does anyone have this problem too?

What should I do to solve this?

Anyway, thanks in advance!

*This is my first thread, so I apologize if this is really poorly written.

Default Re: Android 4.4 screen rotation problem.

I had a similar problem and a reboot fixed it

Posted from my "CrackDroid" Nexus 4 via the Android Central App

Same on Nexus 7 2013 with KitKat.

I usually use it in portrait so it's easy for me to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason95014 View Post
    Hi, So I just updated to Kit Kat, and when I set my own custom background and then press the multitasking button (when the phone is in landscape), the wallpaper is cropped and there is a big box of black on the right.

Sorry about the vagueness of the description, I find it really hard to describe, so here is a picture to show you guys what it looks like...

From android 4.3 and even 4.2.2, the wallpaper auto-adjusts so that it fills up the screen when it is in landscape...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-23-13-27-03.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	641.8 KB 
ID:	93626

Does anyone have this problem too?

What should I do to solve this?

Anyway, thanks in advance!

*This is my first thread, so I apologize if this is really poorly written.
    Just follow this link com.google.android.launcher-0.9.6.886092.apk | by Android Police for Generic Device and install this launcher file on your pc or from mobile browser direct to your mobile , then install easy installer from play store and go to securtiy and check mark on unknown sources column , ignore warning and click ok. If you have downloaded the launcher file in your pc then connect your phone to pc and copy and paste this file to your mobile . Open easy installer and it shows the launcher file , install it through easy installer and after installation click the done button. Now press home button and select the new launcher and WOW just experience the NEXUS 5 on your nexus 4.

Quote Originally Posted by sameer kapoor View Post
    Just follow this link com.google.android.launcher-0.9.6.886092.apk | by Android Police for Generic Device and install this launcher file on your pc or from mobile browser direct to your mobile , then install easy installer from play store and go to securtiy and check mark on unknown sources column , ignore warning and click ok. If you have downloaded the launcher file in your pc then connect your phone to pc and copy and paste this file to your mobile . Open easy installer and it shows the launcher file , install it through easy installer and after installation click the done button. Now press home button and select the new launcher and WOW just experience the NEXUS 5 on your nexus 4.
    That has nothing to do with the question of the OP..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by sibeans View Post
    I had a similar problem and a reboot fixed it

Posted from my "CrackDroid" Nexus 4 via the Android Central App
    What exactly entails a reboot? does that mean factory reset?

Also, just FYI, I downloaded the GEL launcher from android police because I thought the 4.4 update was a disappointment. Google left out some features for the nexus 4, which makes me really sad...

Regardless, the rotation problem described above also occurs for the stock launcher, too.

What exactly entails a reboot? does that mean factory reset?
    A reboot is when you turn off your phone, and then turn it back on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Dear watetdroid , there is no screen rotation problem in GE Launcher , I have explained everything clearly and I understand it well enough .
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I actually installed the GE launcher...
    Sameer, there is a problem with the screen rotation for stock AND GE Launcher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sameer kapoor View Post
    Dear watetdroid , there is no screen rotation problem in GE Launcher , I have explained everything clearly and I understand it well enough .

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Jason , I have found a solution - install a free app from playstore named PicSpeed Wallpapers 500,000 - after installing it - open gallery - select desired picture for wallpaper- click menu from upper right corner - click set picture as - click option set as wallpaper ( with picspeed app logo) - click set and your wallpaper is set . I found if I set my wallpaper with this method then it adjusts itself in landscape mode . Just give a try, Good luck. Take care. By the way this app is also great for new HD wallpapers.

That did not work for me on a nexus 7 2013

Quote Originally Posted by David Sontag View Post
    That did not work for me on a nexus 7 2013
    Sorry, but I haven't tried it on nexus 7. I am using nexus4.

It seems to be a problem the the OS itself. I've had other media, including videos do the same thing when I rotate my Nexus 7.