Amazon App Store Missing

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Are you able to redownload it? That would be odd for it to just go missing after the update if you did not delete it.

I redownloaded it from the link provided in today's article on Android Central. I just find it strange that it disappeared after the update. I think it's a Google plot... lol.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I redownloaded it from the link provided in today's article on Android Central. I just find it strange that it disappeared after the update. I think it's a Google plot... lol.
I would hope it's not, but definitely see the same concern you have. Aside from the Amazon issue, how is 4.4 on the Nexus 4?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I would hope it's not, but definitely see the same concern you have. Aside from the Amazon issue, how is 4.4 on the Nexus 4?

It's really good. The phone is snappier. All the apps I have installed work perfectly except for the AT&T app and Holo Locker (which hasn't been updated in a year). I'm back to using stock screen lock. I use Apex Launcher and downloded the beta update. I like the translucent effect. Battery life seems to be about the same... definitely not worse. I'm hoping the Nexus 4 will receive the next update, but I'm afraid it will have reached it's end of life by that time. One thing of note about the 4.4 update... you can't control app permissions with a 3d party app like you could with 4.3.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I do not think Google would do something like that, pretty sure it was an issue with your phone alone, like the app is no longer compatible or something. It was Amazon who removed tracking from their shipping notice emails so Google Now can't detect it and you have to log into Amazon to see it.

One thing of note about the 4.4 update... you can't control app permissions with a 3d party app like you could with 4.3.
What 3rd party app are you talking about? If you mean Apps Op, that's an integrated Android feature, not a 3rd party feature. The shortcut to it is disabled on KitKat but its still there, there is an app that can reenable it, I forgot which one though.

Also I'm 100% positive the N4 will get the next update, incremental one at least. It's only a year old, 18months is the typical time Google stop the updates.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I was talking about App Ops. Have you been able to remember what app can re-enable it? I heard your phone has to be rooted now if you want to access it.

I do not think Google would do something like that, pretty sure it was an issue with your phone alone, like the app is no longer compatible or something. It was Amazon who removed tracking from their shipping notice emails so Google Now can't detect it and you have to log into Amazon to see it.

What 3rd party app are you talking about? If you mean Apps Op, that's an integrated Android feature, not a 3rd party feature. The shortcut to it is disabled on KitKat but its still there, there is an app that can reenable it, I forgot which one though.

Also I'm 100% positive the N4 will get the next update, incremental one at least. It's only a year old, 18months is the typical time Google stop the updates.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I was talking about App Ops. Have you been able to remember what app can re-enable it? I heard your phone has to be rooted now if you want to access it.
Here it is, doesn't required root: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.findsdk.apppermission&token=CckvynnU

AppsOp still have some way to go to be useful, sometimes permissions won't show up until it's actually used and not efficient enough. With CyanogenMod's Privacy Guard its easier manage and can set auto enable after each app's installation.

For people with root, Xposed Framework is beta for KitKat now, XPrivacy is really the best permission manager for me since it blocks literally everything, which is also bad if you don't know what you're doing, sort of like NoScript for Firefox.

Last edited:

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Thank YOU! I really appreciate you taking the time to find and share it.

Here it is, doesn't required root: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.findsdk.apppermission&token=Up7RbXsP

AppsOp still have some way to go to be useful, sometimes permissions won't show up until it's actually used and not efficient enough. With CyanogenMod's Privacy Guaurd its easier to enable it and can set auto enable after installation.

For people with root, Xposed Framework is beta for KitKat now, XPrivacy is really the best permission manager for me since it blocks literally everything, which is also bad if you don't know what you're doing, sort of like NoScript for Firefox.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's really good. The phone is snappier. All the apps I have installed work perfectly except for the AT&T app and Holo Locker (which hasn't been updated in a year). I'm back to using stock screen lock. I use Apex Launcher and downloded the beta update. I like the translucent effect. Battery life seems to be about the same... definitely not worse. I'm hoping the Nexus 4 will receive the next update, but I'm afraid it will have reached it's end of life by that time. One thing of note about the 4.4 update... you can't control app permissions with a 3d party app like you could with 4.3.
I think the Nexus 4 will receive at least one more update. There's no reason why it won't, unless the upgrade has major hardware requirements, which doesn't seem likely considering the design of 4.4 to run on lesser spec'd devices.

The Galaxy Nexus was released in November 2011 (with ICS 4.0) and recently received it's final official update to 4.3. Since the Nexus 4 is only a year old I can definitely see another update or two down the road.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae