Wallpaper problem - Kitkat 4.4

mohan_168

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Installed Android 4.4 via adb sideload onto 2x Nexus 4 and 1x Nexus 7 (2012). Installation was smooth as the rom is stock (un-rooted).
While trying to change the wallpaper (which I used earlier in 4.3), the wallpaper does not center anymore. Tried with multiple wallpapers meant for Nexus 4 and 7 respectively.

I later launched airdroid and saw the system processes running --> com.android.wallpapercropper still running in the background and consuming anywhere between 33-44MB of RAM.

The cropping tool to select the wallpaper no longer appears in Android 4.4

LeSaint

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Installed Android 4.4 via adb sideload onto 2x Nexus 4 and 1x Nexus 7 (2012). Installation was smooth as the rom is stock (un-rooted).
While trying to change the wallpaper (which I used earlier in 4.3), the wallpaper does not center anymore. Tried with multiple wallpapers meant for Nexus 4 and 7 respectively.

I later launched airdroid and saw the system processes running --> com.android.wallpapercropper still running in the background and consuming anywhere between 33-44MB of RAM.

The cropping tool to select the wallpaper no longer appears in Android 4.4

I had the same "problem" until I figured out that kitkat is just working differently for wallpapers. The centering is due to the fact that the homescreen is not the middle one, it's the left one now. And the cropping tool is now pinch and zoom when selecting the picture.

Eriq KS

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I select my wallpaper, it zooms when I don't my phone for an hour or two.

I didn't restart the phone or anything either :p

Noemi Arthur

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue as Eriq -

whenever i crop a wallpaper to fit in the screen as i want... after an hour or two it will get huge and wont fit at all ( i even tried using dif pics in dif sizes to see if somehow after it gets "huge" it will get "huge enough" for it to stay centered in the screen....not such luck it always gets completely out of the screen.

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This used to happen to me. It doesn't seem to do it for 2048x2048 resolutions though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

lbm3b

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
no update to 4.4.3 for my phone. Does anyone have another fix? I've tried all sorts of different wallpaper apps but the same thing happens