Flash Player Is NO MORE After 4.4 Update (Work Around Available)

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Flash Player Is No More After 4.4 Update

Why is it so ?? Is Google giving flash support in its OS 4.4 KitKat ?

Adobe stopped support for mobile flash player 2 or so years ago. They were only offering updates to flash for below 4.0 ICS. They never officially supported jelly bean.

Posted via Android Central App

agp101

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

I am using Next browser and my flash works just fine on 4.4.

Just out of curiosity you had to manually side load flash onto your device and then the Next browser or other compatible flash browser will work with it, right? I'm thinking of getting flash on my N4 since it really does come in handy many times. Installing the browser itself won't give me flash is that correct? I have to side load flash first. This is my understanding of it.

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Flash Player Is NO MORE After 4.4 Update

Works for me with Next browser. Maybe I just haven't come across something flash wise..but I have been doing my normal stuff. What wouldn't work for you?

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Just to be clear.. It could be that it isn't working and I just haven't noticed. Everything I normally do is working fine..including YouTube and other things. Not that this couldn't be html5.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Works for me with Next browser. Maybe I just haven't come across something flash wise..but I have been doing my normal stuff. What wouldn't work for you?

When I click on a Flash video the box the video is in states that Adobe Flash Player is needed and to download the latest version. Alot of mawebsites use HTML5 such as Fox News and YouTube and so lack of Flash will not be noticed until you come across a site that still uses Flash. I personally believe that Adobe ended support for Flash on Android way to soon. A ton of websites are slow to adopt HTML5.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

I'm tired of reading people blaming Google for abandoning their precious flash, so I'll just leave this here:
An Update on Flash Player and Android

Google do not own Flash, they have no obligation or any responsibility for it working with their OS. There is no Google fault in your precious Flash not working on Android. Stay with 4.3 if you want to use it, otherwise, don't complain.

Google never supported Flash... Adobe supported Flash thus Flash supported Android. Nobody is putting this on Google... Adobe decided to end support.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

Adobe stopped support for mobile flash player 2 or so years ago. They were only offering updates to flash for below 4.0 ICS. They never officially supported jelly bean.

Google never supported Flash... Adobe supported Flash thus Flash supported Android. Nobody is putting this on Google... Adobe decided to end support.

Not this again. Adobe had continued to support Android until September of this year, long after Google officially abandoned it. It had not worked in Chrome, but continued to work in the aosp browser, until now. Google has switched the web rootkit it uses in Android to Chromium, with does not support flash at all.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Looks guys, until kitkat Firefox ran flash. I could run Amazon Prime videos, you simply went to Adobe Flash archived flash, download the latest flash for Android, change settings in security to allow install of non Google Apps. Then install, Worked fool proof. What I want to know is how do I revert back to Jelly Bean!?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Looks guys, until kitkat Firefox ran flash. I could run Amazon Prime videos, you simply went to Adobe Flash archived flash, download the latest flash for Android, change settings in security to allow install of non Google Apps. Then install, Worked fool proof. What I want to know is how do I revert back to Jelly Bean!?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...3923-guide-nexus-4-factory-image-restore.html

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Irrelevant, With Jellybean and Firefox, you went to Adobe archived flash and download latest flash for Android. Change settings to allow install of non-Android Apps, Download flash, install, reboot and run flash such as Amazon Prime Video.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11