Lock screen and touch screen sound... has changed?!

RetroBob

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Today it seems that the lock screen (lock and unlock) and touch screen sounds have changed to something new, it's hard to describe, certainly not the satisfying clicking sound. It's more of a dull popping noise, and is slightly uncomfortable! I can't for the life of me work out how to change it or work out why it (or me) has done this. This is a standard Nexus 4, not done any funny business with it. I got KitKat last night but am sure it was working fine earlier today. The phone dial tone is the same.

Can anyone help? I like having the noise whilst typing and clicking on stuff but the new one is driving me wild!

Last edited:

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Sure, but you will have to root your device, which may be more work than you may intended.

But I agree, they changed the camera shutter sound too which also isn't very satisfying.

sent from tapatalk

Last edited:

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it changed. Must be a Kit Kat thing. I for one like it.

BUT, if you don't just Settings -> Sounds -> Untick Screen Lock Sound. Done.

EDIT: The guy above me is telling you to root. You do NOT have to do that if you want to disable the sound. Maybe if you want to change it, sure. But I don't think its a big enough deal to root your phone about if you want to.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae