1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    EWY

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Default How to uninstall GEL?

I just installed the 4.4 update and everything seems to be fine. Trouble started when I installed the GEL. After installing APK file and choose Google Search as my Launcher, all my widgets are gone. The widgets would only show up if I choose the Normal Launcher. How do I uninstall the GEL?

Default Re: How to uninstall GEL?

The widgets are just in a different spot. With GEL, long press on a blank space of one of your homescreens and you will have the possibility to add widgets.

However to answer your question, go to Settings --> Apps --> All and from there you can uninstall launcher. Be careful to choose the correct one though because there will be two apps named launcher, the "stock" one and the GEL.
    Thanked by:
    EWY 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    EWY

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Thanks. I found my widgets. I'll reset these again. I play with the GEL before I do the uninstall.

Update. I uninstalled the GEL by going to the Setting-Home. There were 2 Launchers. The one that looks like an outline of a home is the new one. Click on the Trash Can and it got uninstalled.

The new Launcher seems to have only 3 pages + the Google now.The Old one has 5 pages and Google now is launche from the bottom.
    Last edited by EWY; 11-27-2013 at 01:11 AM.

The new launcher adds pages dynamically as needed. Just drag an icon off the right edge of the "last" page and a new one will be created. Similarly, remove all the icons from a page and the now empty page will automatically disappear. I don't believe there is a limit to the number of pages you can create.

Existing pages can also be repositioned. Long press a blank area of a page and then drag to move the entire page to a new position within the page order.
    Thanked by:
    EWY 

Global Posts
    1,140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by EWY View Post
    I just installed the 4.4 update and everything seems to be fine. Trouble started when I installed the GEL. After installing APK file and choose Google Search as my Launcher, all my widgets are gone. The widgets would only show up if I choose the Normal Launcher. How do I uninstall the GEL?
    If you fecide to uninstall it just go to SYSTEM - APPS - choose the app then choose uninstall.
    If my post helped you out...please be kind and hit the "THANKS BUTTON."